Teaser

London, England.

Malik walks into his luxurious penthouse. Yawning audibly, his eyes behold a woman in a blue maxi dress who's seated sulkily in the living room. His steps halt.

He knows he's in trouble. Just why didn't he call her back? He clears his throat to mask his guilt. Carefully, as if afraid to make noise, continues walking through the foyer.

"Hi." He saunters towards the brown office desk placed right near a gigantic, floor-to-ceiling window that covers the entire side of this luxurious penthouse.

The walls are furnished in cream, matched with the sparkling marble floors. The lobby is the living room, containing a cream leather sofa, a black coffee table, a pair of navy wing chairs, a forty-eight-inches TV, and other minor stuff.

Getting up from the sofa, her feet against the velvet silver-grey carpet, Roshni says, "At last you're back. I thought you moved out." Sarcasm laces her voice. 

"Why would I move out? This is my house, remember?" Malik chuckles softly.

"Exactly! The house you've never been to since we arrived," Roshni says accusingly, her arms folded across her chest. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't going to sleep here? I mean, I understand you're not obligated to tell me a thing, but still—"

"Did you miss me?" Malik asks teasingly, interrupting her rumbling. He shrugs out of his blazer, smiling.

Roshni huffs in response, rolling her eyes at him. "You must be kidding me. Look, I really don't care how you live your life, Malik. I don't give a damn when you come and leave, but I want to be informed about certain things," she says, her gaze as serious as an angry wife reprimanding her husband.

"Things like what?" Malik stares at her mischievously, his big eyes squinted.

He's having fun.

"Like when you sleep out?" Roshni replies coolly. "I mean, you told me you wouldn't take long, and here you are, coming back on the next day. No bother to even call or text me." She's mad.

And oh yeah, he's screwed up! Malik sighs remorsefully, even though this is all new. 

"I got caught up with work. There's a situation in the company, and with Liam's absence, I had to work double," he explains, his eyes dark from the lack of a proper sleep. "Pardon me, her Highness. I seriously didn't think you'd be upset with my absence." He smiles again, playful.

"Will you please be serious, Malik!" Roshni snaps.

"But I am." Malik laughs, for he's having a brand new problem of having to answer to anyone about his whereabouts. What the fuck! "And I'm back, so stop sulking, will you?" He makes his way towards a curved staircase heading to his bedroom.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Roshni asks in a yell.

"Eat what? You cooked?" Malik asks lazily, gripping the glass railing of the staircase. 

"Yes?" Roshni answers.

"Why?" Malik queries, surprised.

"Why?" Roshni huffs incredulously, not knowing what he's expecting for an answer. "It's what normal people do so as to not starve to death. Well, maybe you're not normal after all because your kitchen appliances are all new."

Who cares about the kitchen? Malik wants to roll his eyes but he decides against it. 

"Good for them. At last they found a user. You shouldn't have bothered to cook. I don't eat at home," he said matter-of-factly while taking another step. 

His remark made Roshni frown, a little pained by his bluntness. "Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Sorry."

Malik glances at her and mutters, "Cool."