Nine

"I better have my own room, Malik, because my legs are killing me," Sam stipulates. "Besides, you can share your room with Lightness . . . right?"

"What!" Both Malik and Roshni snap.

Liam and I share a soft laughter.

"So cute," Sam mutters and I'm sure she's messing with them.

"Why don't we get one more room and quit this charade? I'm really tired," Liam voices at last, and I completely agree. "Don't they have extra rooms available? We can just get another and problem solved."

Sighing, Malik remarks, "Regular ones are available, but—"

"I'll take the regular one, then. Can you talk to them, please? I'm with Liam, let's get this over with," Roshni says dryly.

"I'd love to, Lightness, but unfortunately we have another situation." Malik stares pointedly at her.

"What situation?" Roshni narrows her husky brown eyes at him. "You know what, just do whatever you want to do—as long as I get a place to sleep." She sounds resigned, as though she's afraid to hear what Malik has to say.

"It's their doing, right?" Liam asks Malik. I catch his ever serious face at the corner of my eyes, pretending to be busy.

I don't mean to pry, but they're not far from my seat so I can hear everything.

"Apparently yes. I asked Ivy to make a reservation for four, but it seems like someone made last minute changes. Fuck, this is driving me crazy!" Malik grunts, running a hand through his dark hair.

Is he being followed? I don't want to stress but I'm getting too concerned as they vigilantly wander their eyes around the lobby.

"I can see you're being monitored already," says Liam, and Malik's eyes get bigger. "Be discreet—at your four o'clock." He smiles casually.

"Fuck!" Malik groans and I think they're talking about the guy in a Panama hat, seated on the coach with a big newspaper. He looks suspicious to me, throwing us a subtle glance.

Frustrated, Malik wanders toward the reception desk and I keep myself busy with my thoughts. I just want to eat and rest. I smile feebly whe Liam glances at me.

"I got an upgrade to the penthouse, so we're sharing it," Malik announces a while later.

"You and me?" Roshni gasps loudly.

"This has got to be good." Abandoning her mobile, Sam starts laughing quietly while watching them.

Malik and Roshni are arguing as I get up from the couch. Liam looks as tired as I am. Jesus, what have we been doing lately? Because I think it's the reason why I'm feeling this beat up. Hand in hand, we walk into the elevator to our suite per Liam's lead.

"Have you been here before?" I inquire casually, for he seems well acquainted with this hotel.

"A few times," he replies. "It was mostly for business and now I'm here for pleasure." He holds the back of my waist and unfortunately we're not alone inside the elevator.

After a good number of floors, at last we arrive at our suite. My eyes widen gleefully, taking in the details of everything around us. The living room regards us, modern and sleek, furnished in maroon and cream. Our luggage is placed inside and Liam tips the guy before he leaves.

Smiling, Liam strides toward the wide, floor-to-ceiling window that allows the great view of the city, including the beautiful sunset as the sun has started to hide beneath the orange-yellow clouds in the sky. Everything is exquisite, and I love it.