Twenty-five

"Goodbye, Las Vegas." A rueful whisper escapes my lips, eyes fixed on the plane window as it flies higher, far from the ground

"Are you sad?" Liam teases, seated right beside me.

"A little," I confesses, "but I'm happy to go back home." I manage to smile a bit, glancing at him.

"Don't worry. We shall come back someday." Sighing tiredly, Liam slips his hand behind my shoulders, scooping me to his side. I lean onto him, relaxing myself. "Have you talked to Samantha? " he asks casually.

"Yeah. She said hi." I smile indulgently. "By the way, I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What?" Liam stares down at me.

Smiling, I ask, "Where did you learn to fight?"

I must admit that I was impressed by his little performance two days ago, when he took care of those idiots in the nightclub. Oh, I still remember it all and I doubt I'll ever forget that night.

"What?" Liam smiles delightfully.

"Fighting, Liam. And yes, I remember everything that happened that night." I scoff.

"Even the part where you turned me into a horse?"

"Liam!" I scold, stifling a laugh.

Jeez, will I ever get to hear the end of that shameful night?

"Okay, okay." Liam laughs along, and slowly he resumes his seriousness. "But honestly, my love . . . don't ever get drunk when I'm not around."

I roll my eyes. "Fine, I'll only get drunk when you're around, Daddy. Is that what you want?"

He chuckles. "That's fair enough, but I'd rather you don't get drunk again. It was a precious night, nevertheless-I ought to cherish it somehow." Sarcasm laces his voice.

"Yeah right. I won't be surprised that you also have the video. Do you?" I ask him him in a low voice, fully aware that Malik and everyone else got their copy.

"Um . . . yes. I have it." He nods.

"I can't believe this." I sigh heavily, accepting my fate. "Anyways, tell me about the fighting? How and when did you learn to fight?" I gaze up at him, eyes serious.

"It was a part of my therapy," Liam replies while sitting straight.

"Therapy?" I frown.

Liam's eyes narrow thoughtfully. His lips move slightly, as if he's searching for a proper way to explain his reason. My curiosity shoots higher as I wait for him to say something, and eventually he does it.

"I had anger management issues while growing up. And in order to deal with it, I found myself engrossed into boxing."

"Oh. Was it serious?" I'm surprised, but I keep it cool.

"It was," replies Liam. "I did mention that I nearly went to juvenile, right? Well, it was because I beat someone badly. I nearly killed him."

Woah. I wince a bit so as to look him properly in the eyes.

"Why? I mean, how? And who was he?" I inquire impatiently.

Liam sighs heavily. "He's now a senator. He was a classmate-one of those kids who think they're cool by putting everyone in terror," he says distastefully.

"A bully?" I accidentally chuckle, not because it's funny, but rather from the way Liam explains it.

He sounds like an old man.

"You can say that," he says with a faint smile.

"So . . . were you bullied by him?" My heart shrinks at the thought.