Seventeen

"Look who's here! Uncle Malik to the rescue!" Malik muses as we enter Sam's room. We've decided to visit her first thing in the morning.

"Wow!" Sam looks thrilled seeing a cute gift basket held by Liam, and a large bouquet of fresh roses in Malik's hold.

Given how my drama queen loves to be spoilt, I've got no doubt that she's highly content with this gentle display of affection from these men.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Liam inquires smoothly, and I'm right behind him—both me and Roshni.

"Hmm, I'm feeling great already." Sam beams, her eyes wide and bright.

The nurse smiles by her side while gathering her stuff. "All done. Now you're free to go," she tells Sam before excusing herself by jostling past us.

"Thank you," I whisper my gratitude and she nods softly.

The room feels smaller now that the five of us are here together.

"How are you feeling, gorgeous?" Malik asks after we all settle in.

"Great. Are those for me?" Sam eyes the flowers gleefully.

"Yeah." Malik hands her the bouquet with apparent pleasure. "And that, too." He takes the gift basket from Liam and places it on the bedside table, chocolates and strawberries the first thing to be seen.

"Hmm. Lovely." Sam sniffs the flowers, her lovely grin plastered on her pale face. "Thank you. Thank you all for this heartwarming gesture. I feel so—" A knock on the door interrupts her.

"I hope there's a room for more people here!" A new voice arrives when the door swings open. "Surprise!" My eyes widen in astonishment when I see a gorgeous blonde walking in.

"Natasha!" Sam exclaims joyfully.

"The one and only, baby!" Natasha replies and walks in, Jamal right behind her. They're both looking fresh and happy—the newlywed brand on their smiles.

"Wow, guys, this is so awesome!" Sam shouts in awe, her eyes glowing wonderfully. "I can't believe you guys are here!" She sits up straight.

"Believe it!" Natasha hugs her, and Jamal smiles from a distance, standing near the boys. "How can I miss this moment, huh? I missed you girls, and I'm glad you're fine, sweetie. What happened?" Her face falls into apprehension as she beholds Sam closer.

A few exchanges follow, filling the room with noise. It so happens that Jamal and Natasha are back from their honeymoon in Romania, and they decided to drop by in Las Vegas so Jamal can settle a few business matters, other than partying with us of course.

"Okay, ladies," Liam utters to interrupt our feminine moment. "We'll be outside." He and the boys are up, finding our company unfriendly for them.

"Sure. We won't take long," Sam assures them because she's already discharged and we have to go.

The boys give us the space we need.

"I'm glad everything is okay now. Liam spoke to Dr. Harper and there's nothing wrong," I say while bringing the bag l filled with Sam's clothes and essentials. Roshni and Natasha on the couch, and I sit back on the bed.

"I'm glad. I freaked out yesterday." Sam takes her feet off the bed, still in the hospital gown.

"Indeed. Were you really in pain, Sam? Could it be . . . you just imagined it?" I tease her. "Because I remember you used to do that a lot. Even if you get cut on the finger you'd start complaining about your head, your tummy, and even—"

"Okay, don't embarrass me, Kiki!" Sam says stoutly, and we all laugh including herself. She then takes a deep breath. "Maybe you're right. I got scared when I saw blood and I was like . . . this is what happens in the movies, and then dang! They lose the baby."