Calum Hood imagine

"Angela, come on!!! Just go this once, and if you don't like it....then fine! But please, you need to get out there!" My best friend, Anna groaned at me for the what felt like 100th time within the hour.

I slumped further down in my chair rolling my eyes as Holly came in saying, "Anna's right, Ang. You haven't been out in like, months! Who knows, you might find a hot guy here!!"

I scoffed, "Yeah.. Or I'll be set up with some creep who'll turn out to be some freak who'll kidnap me or something!"

Maddy giggled from her seat across the room while doing her makeup. "Angela, come on. It's just speed-dating. It'll be a right laugh! And we'll be there too, so we'll keep an eye that no-one leaves taking you with them okay? Now shut up and get ready, because it starts at 7."

I rolled my eyes again, not moving from my seat; still not feeling convinced at all.

Anna sighed before kneeling down in front of me and placing her hands on my knees in a reassuring gesture, "Angela, please come on. Like Maddy said, it'll be a laugh! We wouldn't put you through this if we didn't think it'd be good for you... Pleaseeeeeeee, for your best friends! If this goes tits up, then we can all come home, get drunk and laugh about it together."

I exchanged looks from Anna, to Maddy, and then to Holly.
They were all pouting at me, knowing I'd eventually give in to the guilt-trip. I let out a long sigh of defeat before muttering, "You guys are buying my drinks. Only reason I'm doing this is so I can get drunk."

They all squealed and jumped around before yelling at me, telling me to hurry up and get ready.
So I did anyway, not going all out but sticking a bit of makeup on... Just some eyeliner, foundation, mascara, lipgloss, bronzer...the usual for when I'm going out.

I didn't settle for dressing up all fancy either, if this stupid speed-dating was going to go well -which I highly doubt- then they should know who o am from the beginning, right?
So I settled for wearing a Green Day tank top, my ripped blue boyfriend jeans with black vans. I left my hair down and straight.

The event was being held at this hall in the town, there was a good crowd there surprisingly; did people not have anything better to do on a Friday night?

You went straight to the drinks table and asked for some shots for you and your friends.
After necking yours down, a smartly dressed man came on the centre stage, saying into the microphone, "Ladies and gentlemen, the speed dating shall begin shortly. Please take your seats, ladies will be the ones to remain seated for the first hour whilst the male's move seats for the first hour; then vice versa. Each date will last 5 minutes then we will move on to another date."

You groaned when you saw everyone moving around, all the ladies taking a seat.
You were tempted to just walk out right now if it weren't for Anna and Maddy pulling you along either side of you. Holly giggled in front of you, "Come on Ang, this is gonna be a right laugh!"

Then Maddy nudged me winking, "And if not, we'll go get wasted as soon as." Now, that's something to look forward to.

The girls and I all departed from one another, taking a seat as close as we could to each other so that we were still within each others sight range.

I felt a wave of worry wash over me suddenly, what if no one sits with me? What if everyone has someone to talk to for the bloody 5 minutes and I literally have no one? No...that won't happen - hopefully...if it does them I'm just gonna pretend that someone's rung me and something's come up and I just gotta go...

So. The smartly dressed man rings his bell and says into the microphone, "Let the speed dating begin!" Yay...

If Anna, Maddy and Holly thought that coming to this was going to be "good for me" then boy, were they wrong.
Don't get me wrong though, some of the lads that sat with me were nice..funny..sweet...but I couldn't see myself seeing them after this event.