55: Why

• chapter fifty-five | Last

"Why did you stay again?" The Joker asked, looking up from the blueprint he was writing on, specifically writing a whole new scheme he has been planning for a while now.

"Me?" Harley asked cluelessly.

"No, the ceiling, dumbass." Joker sarcastically asked, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Of course I was asking you!"

"Oh," Harley giggled from her silliness, "Well, I stayed with you because I felt you were the one."

The Joker stood up from his seat and headed his way to Harley who was sitting on a desk. "Do you still think I'm the one?" He asked.

It took Harley by surprise to actually hear these kinds of questions from the Clown Prince of Crime himself.

Harley smiled, soon placing a hand on Joker's cheek and caressed it softly with her thumb, "I do." She answered, "Even though you kick me around like a useless pet, I still love you, since you do have mood swings." She added with a shrug.

"I am starting to question whether you're really a professional Psychiatrist or just a fake hoe."

"What do you think?" Harley asked in curiosity.

"The Fake hoe."

"Possibly."

"HARLEY!" The Joker shouted right after he had no second thoughts on jumping after his Queen.

Harley screamed as she continued on to fall down the cliff, she already lost hope on living if ever she would be saved from this fall. There was no sign of water or anything that could be the reason for her survival. It was her end, possibly the Joker's.

She closed her eyes, tears streamed down, soon floating up mid-air as she fell. She was already accepting it.

But, she felt an arm wrap around her waist and it prevented her from falling further more. She slowly opened her one eye. Am I dead? Is this hell?

No, she saw her man, she saw The Joker holding her while he struggled to hold on to the dagger that he had stabbed on the stone wall right after he had caught Harley on his arm. "M-Mistah J." She coughed up, her voice cracking and her eyes turning into waterfalls. She wanted to hold him, she wanted to hold onto him, but she was restrained with ropes, making her helpless. "You shouldn't have jumped along with me, damnit!"

"Shut the fuck up!" Joker barked, "You think I'll let you fall to your death?"

She felt so warm and fuzzy when she heard his words, Harley already knew she had changed him for the better, even though he sees it for the worse. "Thank you, puddin'."

"Don't thank me so soon, pooh." J smirked, keeping his grip onto the dagger.

"Looks like you're carrying a heavy load there, Joker."

Both Harley and Joker's eyes shot up to see Creeper standing at the top of the cliff. A pistol on his hand and a sinister smile on his face, "Let me help you there!" Creeper cackled as he pointed the gun at Harley, cocking it as fast as he could before shooting.

"No!"