30: Babysitter

♛H.Q.

• chapter thirty | Babysitter

I woke up with the sound of footsteps downstairs, making me irritated. But, when I gained vision and the light headedness went away, I quickly pulled out Mistah J's revolver that he keeps inside the drawer beside our bed, just in case.

I gripped onto the metal gun, despite my hair a mess and my lipstick smudged off of my lips, I walked towards the door and silently walked through the corridor and down the stairs. I flinched when I heard the fridge being opened, fuck there's an intruder. A motherfuckin' thief. I knew it, Puddin's men are useless.

I grunted and sneaked to the kitchen, hiding behind the door frame to the specific room. I held the revolver tighter against my hands and let out a deep exhale before I turned around, pointing the gun straight to the supposedly intruder's forehead.
"Ah!" I jumped when she suddenly squealed like a little girl while holding the plate of bacon and eggs on her hands.

"Red?" I questioned, shocked at why she was there. "What the hell are ya doin' here?" I asked again, putting down the gun away from her forehead.

She then scoffed and made her way to the dining table, "Jonny called, telling me a specific blondie was screamin' and whinin' last night." She smirked, placing down the plate together with the cup of coffee before turning her look to the man by the stairs.

"Frost!" I yelled, striking a glare at the trusted man.

"You were being noisy, I couldn't help it." He chuckled, shrugging his broad shoulders. "Besides, I didn't know how to entertain you through the days without boss."

I then let out a loud grunt and crossed my arms over my chest."Hey, I don't like the idea of babysitting J's girl." Ivy rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. I didn't even realize what she was wearing until that moment. Shockingly, she only wore a casual outfit, her red hair up in a ponytail, a turquoise colored button up and just paired with black leggings. She only put a light shade of red of lipstick on her lips, nothing more.

She looked good in a casual outift.

But boy, she can be a mother sometimes.

"I didn't force ya to." I giggled, replying to what she spoke. My eyes averting from hers as I kept my arms crossed as I giggled.

She rolled her eyes again and just sat down on the chair, "Just eat up, Harls." She demanded, giving me a low glare.

I looked at the plate and smiled while I walked towards the table and sat down in front of the plate resting on the wooden table. "I thought ya'll be cooking leaves for me again." I smirked cheekily, mocking her.

She pointed her index finger at me with a small smirk, "You're lucky I didn't cook you poison, brat." She chuckled.

I stuck out my tongue at her, followed by a loud giggle, "Will ya be staying with me until tomorrow?" I asked, taking a spoonful of the bacon served on the plate.

"Sadly, no. Dinah wants to meet up later on in the evening, wanna come?" She replied, smiling back at me.

I then looked down and frowned, I want to come, but I don't want to get a beating from Puddin' right after he finds out that I left without him knowing. Just by thinking about it, gives me shivers in a bad way.

"As much as I want to, I can't, Mistah J might kill me." I replied, sighing in the end.

She then let out a hard sigh and glared at me, "Harley, you barely get out of here." She began, "You just get to sneak out when you'll be going to my place!" She boomed. I know she's just protecting me and all. But, damn, she's a lion.

"I don't want any arguments between me and puddin'." I grunted and crossed my arms over my chest once again, glaring at her. "Ya don't want me getting hurt right?" I blunted, making her sigh in defeat.

"Fine, whatever, Clowny boy is gonna come back tomorrow morning anyway." She scoffed, averting her eyes to the other direction.

I giggled at her and smiled before I continued on to finish the breakfast she made. "Let's watch The Nun right after you finish." She smirked evilly.

She knows I'm not able to watch horror movies without screaming my lungs out. Fuck.

"No!"