42: Early

H.Q.

• chapter forty-two | Early

"I'll be back soon, Doll."

He trailed off as he headed for the front door with a duffle bag, which he handed to Jonny that took it inside the Lambo.

J was leaving at 5 in the morning, that isn't normal for him to do so.

We both had fallen asleep on the bed after we had our small talk about what he dealt with Robin. Though, I shouldn't be worrying, but he is still a teen, an immature boy.

Anyhow, that has passed already. So, right now, I'm upset.

"Why are ya leaving at this early, Puddin'?" I asked, which I shouldn't since I assume it would frustrate him. But, I mindlessly asked because of how upset and angry at him. Angry at the fact he was about to leave me on the bed if I wasn't awoken by his grunts of irritation and his heavy footsteps that he paced around the room back and forth.

Guessing that it has something to do with his work, because he literally threw his phone across the room, the new phone he bought because he had lost his last phone from fighting with The Bat, that led me to speaking with him.

He then stopped from walking and turned to me, stopping just right by the doorway. His hands then held my shoulders, before his right hand slid up to my cheek, caressing it softly, making me lean against his soft touch, closing my eyes in relaxation. "Don't worry, I'll be back before dinner." He smiled before he leaned to me and kissed me softly on the forehead. "I know it's early, but I need to deal with something." He groaned out, rolling his eyes.

I then gave him a questionable look, cocking my left eyebrow in confusion, "Sounds important." I sighed before I walked closer to him and pulled my weight up, tip-toeing up to his height as I gripped onto the collar of his navy blue dress shirt, pulling him into a kiss on his lips. He wasn't hesitant on kissing me back, groaning in the middle of our kiss. I pulled away a few moments, and gave him one last peck, "Ya don't mind Pam-pam being here, do ya, Mistah J?" I smiled innocently.

"No, don't even dare letting that Plant step into our house." He growled, glaring at me. "She might infect this beautiful structure with her disgusting plants." He made a small barfing noises, gagging at it.

He just hates Poison Ivy so much, but I don't wanna be locked up inside the house for the whole day again!
"Fine, I'll just leave to go to her house then!" I pout, pushing him away before crossing my arms, huffing.

I heard he let out a heavy sigh, a sign of defeat. My corner of my lips curved, smirking in victory that he can't really let me out of the house.

"Fine, just don't step a foot out of house while I'm gone, got it?"

I nodded in response with a happy smile, "Yes, Mistah J!" I giggled and hugged him close before I pulled away and waved a goodbye at him. "Drive safely, Pud!" I yelled out as he made his way to the Purple Lambo waiting for him.

He looked back at me from the car window and gave me a smile before he beamed out of the driveway, dashing through the highway of Gotham.

I sighed, watching him disappear in my sight. I hugged myself, well technically my arms are crossed on my chest. I wore my pink robe, since it was still cold outside and the sun was ready to even rise. "You doing good, Miss Quinn?" I flinched when Rocco's voice suddenly spoke behind me.

"Jeez, ya give me them chills, Rocky." I exhaled out, holding my chest since I thought it was someone who wants to take advantage of me. "I'm doing great, pick up Ivy for me, would ya?"

"Won't she be still asleep?"

"I don't care, carry her whole bed if ya need to."

——

"Why the fuck did you let Rocco pick me up five in the fucking morning?" Pamela boomed as soon as she entered the house, wearing a black tank top and baby blue pajama pants. And it's funny by the fact her sleeping mask is just hanging on her tangled up red locks.

"Because I want to." I replied, giggling at her as I then sat down on the couch, crossing my legs on the pink cushion and turned to her, patting the spot beside me. "I begged Puddin' to let ya hang with me since he'll be out for the whole day."

"And guess he left this early, too." She rolled her eyes as she then sat down on the couch with me, lifting her left leg up and hugged it close to her. "Luckily he's so damn busy." She chuckled.

"Pam.."