49: Broken

• chapter forty-nine | Broken

The place was all dim inside an old ran down warehouse, the meetup of Two-Face and the Clown Prince himself.

"Get movin' already, shit face." The Joker spoke sternly as he then closed the door of his purple Lamborghini. Walking his way to the man who stood there holding a suitcase.

Two-Face then scoffed out before he then looked at Joker, "You got the bomb?" He asked, but was only replied with J's hush.

"Don't boss me around, pretty boy." He spoke, placing his index finger against his red tainted lips, soon his lips curved up to the side, forming a small smirk, "All I need to know is are ya ready?" He cackled, grinning at the man before him.

Two-Face, also known as his alter ego Harvey Dent, nodded in response, picking up the black duffle bag beside him. "Great, now, let's blow this City to ashes." The Joker cackled, letting out his signature laugh that echoed through the ghost town area.

Planting the bombs around Gotham City Hall, The Joker and Two-Face stood by the top of the building, waiting for the caped crusader to arrive after he had sent a threatening note to the Bat Computer, which he assumes that The Bat's trusty old man, Alfred, to inform his master.

"It's been thirty minutes, J." Harvey grunted, annoyed at how they have been standing at that roof for thirty minutes.

"Be fucking patient." Joker grumbled, "Say another fucking word, I will push you off this roof!"

"Were you waiting for me, Joker?" Two-Face and Joker then turned around behind them to look at the Dark Knight walking to the two of them.

"Oh, batsy, glad you can make it to the party!" Joker cackled, opening his arms wide, "Oh, you just should know my pal Two-Face here, yeah?"

"What do you two want?" Batman spoke sternly as he glared at the two villains in front of him.

"We're here to kill you." Two-Face replied, but then was interrupted by the Joker.

"Ah, you don't say it like that, Harvey boy." Joker shook his head, "We just wanted to start a party!"

"Stop playing around, Joker!" Batman barked, ready to pounce on the two villains, "You're gonna get thousands of people killed!"

"Do you think I care?" The Joker lets out a sinister grin before he pointed at the remote that Two-Face was holding on his hand, "See that? That will trigger the fireworks! Won't that be fun?" He laughed out, but then was taken aback when Batman threw a punch across his face.

Two-Face went in rage and immediately grabbed Batman by the neck and pulled him away from the Joker. J took it as an advantage and kicked the Bat, sending him flying across the roof, but Two-Face fell back, the remote for the bombs flew off his hands.

Joker growled, disappointed by his partner at the moment and got up from his feet and ran to get the remote. But, he took aback when Batman pushed him away from the remote, kicking the remote away from his grasp, "You stupid Bat!" Joker barked out before he started to throw punching against Batman's face, kicking him at his abdomen and completely threw him off of him. He then shifted his glance to the remote, and was glad when Two-Face took it from the ground. And, he was hoping he wouldn't push it, but guess what? Two-Face was dumb enough to press the red button. "You stupid shit! You're getting both of us killed!"

It was obvious enough to read the guilt and regret from Two-Face's reaction. Joker got up to his feet, but stumbled when the bombs them exploded, making the whole Gotham City Hall to shake. The two criminals then shifted their look at Batman who jumped off the roof before it trembled to the ground. His cape used as a glider as he glided down to the ground and ran off.

Joker began planning, "What will we do?" Harvey asked in panic as the building started to give hints in breaking down.

"Nah." The Joker chuckled, and gave Harvey a sinister grin. "What's your plan?" He cackled out and then jumped off the building, parkouring to the next building right next to the one they were in.

He was praying for dear life when he jumped off the ledge. And the luck was beside him when he landed. Rolled over and immediately stood when he then watched the building collapse, "You broke our deal!" Harvey yelled as he glared at Joker. Doing his best to balance himself from the collapsing building.

"Oh, you should've known from the start that I, The Joker doesn't do deals!" Joker replied, laughing loudly after along with the sound of the building completely going down to the ground.

Police sirens and ambulance then can be heard when the building collapsed, together with Two-Face himself. The Joker gave out a sinister grin before he pulled out his phone from his pocket, a huge crack on the screen due to the jump and land he did. He placed the phone against his ear and waited for a response as he wiped the running blood from his nose. His face was covered with scratches and bruises, but he cared less. "Boss?" Rocco replied from the other line.

"Send in a chopper, and get me out of this building."