22: Him

♛H.Q.

• chapter twenty-two | Him

"Harley!"

I was down the kitchen, fixing up lunch when he shouted from upstairs in our bedroom, "Yes, Puddin'?" I shouted back, placing the chopped lettuce on a bowl and placed a few cherry tomatoes in it.

"Have you seen my tie?" He shouts, I heard a few thuds from upstairs, he must be frustrated going back and forth, looking his tie.

Yesterday, he took the day off, and today, he was on his way to meet Two-Face. I don't know what'll be about, but Mister J is suiting up.

I wiped my hands on the apron before I took it off and walked upstairs to our bedroom, where I saw J walking back and forth to every drawer and closet, throwing clothes everywhere. His face looked so frustrated as he only wore a bright green button up and his purple blazer, missing the tie.

I let out a sigh before I walked to him and stopped him, "Let me." I said before I walked over to one of our drawers at the far left corner of the room and pulled out a blue bow tie. I showed it to him and smiled, giggling as I walked to him and wrapped the tie around his neck and began fixing it.

"I can't imagine a day without ya in the house, pumpkin." He chuckled as he let me tie his bow.

"Oh, I know, Puddin'. Ya might not wear any underwear if ya don't know where is it." I giggled, patting his chest as I finished fixing up his bow tie.

I began imagining a day without me in the house, who will cook for him? Dress him? Cuddle him? Kiss him? Comfort him?

I bet it would be torture for him.

"Why are ya meeting up with Two-Face?" I asked, watching him pull back his green hair while looking at the mirror.

"Some business, sweetie pie. We're planning to team up against the Bat." He replied, turning back towards me, pulling his blazer out.

"But ya never liked someone partnering up with ya against Batsy." I rose a brow in confusion, watching him admire himself once more in the mirror.

"Ya know me too well, Harls." He chuckled and placed a kiss on my forehead, "Thank you for finding my tie, pumpkin pie." He whispered against my cheek before he smacked my butt. Making me shriek.

I glared at him as he walked out of the bedroom, I huffed before I followed him out, only to see him already walking towards the door, making me frown.

"Are ya already leaving without having lunch?"

"No time, pumpkin. I'll just eat when I get there." He replied before he completely walked out of the house.

"But I just cooked your favorite meal.." I faintly stated followed by a sigh.

I walked down the stairs and just finished cooking, for myself this time. I was cooking steak for him, but I guess it would be my lunch, a lonely one. I put my apron back on right after I played Billie Eilish's Good Girls Go to Hell. I hummed to the song, swaying my hips as I continued on cooking.

-

It's already 2 in the afternoon and J hasn't came home yet, I already took a shower and changed into one of his purple shirts and only on my underwear, the shirt was bigger than me, so it looked large, but otherwise, cute.

I kept going through channel after channel, my other hand supported my resting cheek as I went on in boredom. Letting out a sigh, I decided to just watch Discovery Channel, a documentation about Hyenas, which got me intrigued and got me focusing on the show.

The sounds they make makes them look cute.

I was interrupted when I felt someone is watching me from a distance, I got scared a little. But then I pulled out my revolver that I always carry anywhere and pointed it at the window. Without hesitation, I pulled the trigger, making the window shatter and the intruder duck down and ran off. I assumed he was smart enough to make sure he wasn't seen by any of the six men outside of the house, guarding.

"What happened, Miss Quinn?" Jonny came running to me, guessing he heard the gunshot.

"Oh, nothing important, Frosty." I giggled, placing back my revolver at the garter of my panties. "Don't mind me." I added on, shooing him out of the living room.

Right when he left, I began thinking, who the hell was that?