14: Protective

♚J♚

• chapter fourteen | Protective

I didn't mean to slap Harley that hard.

I overreacted and snapped immediately and lost control over myself.

I could imagine the stinging pain my hand sent across her innocent face. I watched her as she cried on the floor, I couldn't bare to see her crying in front of me, so I turned back and took a deep breath before facing her again, but she was already gone.

She must've hidden in her own room.

I sighed in frustration, I gripped onto my green hair before slamming my fists on the wall.

I looked down to the mess I made, all her effort was destroyed by my short temper. Everything she did, splattered all over the floor. I regret this, I could tell I broke her badly this time.

I turned to my side and saw the lamp, and without thinking about my actions, I grabbed it and threw it across the room.

I got so mad.

I didn't want anyone knowing who Harley is in my life, now Batman knows her, she would be his number one target to lure me. He would hurt her, and I didn't want that.

And if Batman knows, the whole Gotham City and especially Arkham knows about her, too. People against me will take this advantage to take her away from me.

And I didn't want that.

I couldn't even imagine a day without Harley. As if I'm so helpless and dependent without her. She was the only one who changed me, who saw the inside of me, who understood me and loved me even if I'm such a horrible monster towards her.

I hate myself.

I sat down on the couch and laid my back against it and closed my eyes, I decided to not bother her in her room tonight, she must've hated me for what I've done.

I let out a deep sigh before I didn't realize I was falling asleep.

-

I woke up around five in the morning, and the first thing that got in my mind was to clean up my own mess. And to my surprise, I did. I brushed the small pieces of the shattered plates and wine glass, as well as the vase that fell off the table. I wiped off the remains of the spaghetti and meatballs with a towel and immediately threw it away.

I cleaned it so that she could have less work to do.

I was protesting against whether I should say sorry to her or not. Since I'm not good at that, and she knows that.

But she must be expecting me to apologize.

"Frost!" I shouted, and my right hand henchman came out of my lair.

"Yes, boss?"

"Apologize to Harley, for me." Yep, that's what I planned to do. Just let my henchman apologize for me.

I could tell he was confused, but he just nodded and went upstairs where Harley's room is.

I pulled back up the flipped table from the floor and as well as the chairs. I sat down on the chair and leaned onto it. I was gripping and ruffling my hair, letting out an irritated groan, "Harley, Harley, Harley.." I chanted, whispering her name all over and over.

I'm missing her.

But I rather die than to admit it to her.

I flinched when I heard Harley shouting and slamming the door upstairs. Oh god, I think she got even more mad.

Frost then came walking down the stairs with a frown, "Miss Quinn said she won't be accepting your apology unless you come apologize to her personally, face to face."

I got irritated, "Goddamn, she's demanding!" I barked out and shot back up with fury in my eyes.

I'm mad at the fact she can't appreciate that I'm trying my best to say sorry, and she wants me to apologize to her face to face? What? Does she want me kneeling over her? Fuck no.

"Harley!" I boomed and stomped my way up to her room.

I got in front of her room and attempted to turn the knob, but it was locked, so I started banging on it. "Harley Quinn! Open the fucking door unless you want me to break these!"
I threatened, knocking on the door as hard as I could and as loud as I can.

I got frustrated and impatient when I didn't hear a word from her inside. So, I then backed away and began kicking against the door hard, grunting with every kick. I put every force to my legs and with a few more kicks, I finally broke the door open. It's lock shattering.

I huffed and puffed and then began scanning the room. I saw her closet open, and her lipstick was left on her dresser, which means she used it.

I then groaned when I now finally got her.

I got even more angry when she went out without me, without me knowing.

I immediately ran to my room and grabbed my gun, I don't about being intoxicated, since I am immune to anything, together with Harley.

Anyone could take her, anyone could hurt her, and I wouldn't risk it to get her hurt.

Fuck no.