12: Ghost

♛H.Q.

• chapter twelve | Ghost

As soon as my cheek redden in pain, I began tearing up in front of him. All my effort, all my energy on that specific preparation is ruined just by the snap of his finger.

It shattered me.

He stood there, breathing heavily. His chest going up and down, his breathing shaking. He ran his fingers through his hair and turned his back to me.

I then took the advantage to stand up and run to my room. Slamming and made sure to lock it. I leaned my back against the door and stared at nothing before sliding down, tears streaming down, my make up getting messy. I looked down to the floor and hugged my own knees. Resting my head on it as I began crying my heart out.

I can't believe he went too far.

I heard him throwing everything in the dining room, shouting and growling.

I cried even more, hugging my knees even closer. Until I didn't realize I was crying for an hour, more or less, and drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up, sitting on the floor and my back still against the door. I rubbed my swollen, red eyes, all from my crying last night.

I got up weakly and went straight to the bathroom of my bed room. I switched on the lights and looked at myself in the mirror, seeing my make-up all messed up on my face, my eyes reddening and my cheek had a large bruise on it, almost covering it my whole left cheek. I checked and tried if it still hurt, and god, just a small touch stung so bad.

I then let out a deep sigh and just decided to strip down my red dress, the dress I prepared just for him last night. But that special night got ruined because of him.

I growled lowly in anger as I stepped in the tub filled with water that I already prepared. Gently not to touch anything with my bruised cheek.

I laid my head back on the tub and sighed in satisfaction, relaxing as I closed my eyes and let the water soak my entire body. I wash my face gently from time to time, to remove the smudge make up all over me.

"It's not a good time to even talk to him.." I said to myself, and that made me thought of sneaking out of the house, since my room has a hidden opening that I made, so that I am able to escape and go to my bestfriend, Ivy's place.

And I liked the idea, since I don't want to see Mister J's face this whole day.

My eyes shot open when a knock on the door was heard, I smiled, brightening up as I then rushed out of the water and got my pink towel, wrapping it around my body and ran to the door.

Maybe it's puddin' who wants to apologize!

I was about to greet him with a big hug and an apology, but I frowned when I saw it was one of Puddin's trusty right hand, Frost. "Miss Quinn, I'm just here to apologize for Mister J." He spoke bluntly.

I began sad even more, but then got upset, "Why won't he come here in front of me and apologize to me personally?" I spat, before scoffing, "Forget it! Tell him take his apology to the dumpster!" I yelled before slamming my door shut in front of Frost's face.

I felt bad for Frost, he gets to witness our confusing, mad romance between his boss and I.

I then walked to my closet and began scanning all over it, I just want to make it simple. I then aggressively threw a red tank top on the bed together with skinny jeans. I put on my undergarments before putting on the outfit I chose and just added on lipstick. I then brushed my hair that hung over my shoulders and took my red purse before I just slipped on a pair of heeled boots.

I then looked at the door as I walked towards the window. I scoffed one more time, asking myself if Mister J would actually come and find me, but I cared less.

I jumped off the window and landed on the trampoline I secretly placed just out my window, I jumped high enough to hold onto the hoop that hung on the pole I placed right above the window, and right after that, I swung to the apple tree that we randomly had and just climbed down from there and headed towards Ivy's place.

Now, that's how ya sneak out with style.