11: Fear

♛H.Q.

• chapter eleven | Fear

Right after I remade the meatballs that got burnt, I fixed up the dining table, placing the two plates of spaghetti n' meatballs on top of the white clothe covered dining table. I placed a small vase with different typed of flowers. I placed two wine glasses beside the two plates with the forks.

I grinned happily at my work, putting much effort and focus caused me to forget that Batman called with the use of Mister J's phone, and the fact it's already 6:07 in the evening.

I then wiped the back of my hand on my forehead, wiping off the sweat. And the thought of changing for puddin' flew on my head.

I took off the green apron and hung it on the kitchen before I ran upstairs and changed into a simple red dress for him, since it's just inside the house, no need to be fancy in front of him. I just pulled my hair into a one ponytail and retouched my red lipstick and added a small shade of blush on.

I jumped when I heard the door flew open and slam close, and it was followed by his loud call, "Harley!"

I let out a small sigh of relief that he is now home, I stared at myself at the mirror, seeing the simple preparation for my puddin'. He likes it when I go simple in front of him.

I then smiled to myself before rushing back downstairs and saw Mister J staring in awe at the preparation I did.

I giggled at his reaction as he stood there staring at the table prepared, I snaked my arms around his back and nuzzled behind him, "Ya did this, pumpkin?"

"Hm-hm!" I replied with a giggle, "I got bored. So, I thought I would get my mind distracted and prepare a small dinner for ya."

He then held his hand onto mind and rubbed it softly, and I could feel him smiling at me, "Thank ya, baby."

I grinned in happiness and then took his hand, pulling him to the table, "Let's have dinner!"

"Ya cooked this?"

I then nodded in reply and sat down in front of him, "Yes. Just the way ya like them."

He then chuckled as he helped himself and sat down. I noticed he was wearing his maroon button up and slacks. Three of the button on top was unbuttoned, revealing his built chest. I bit my lip and just averted my eyes to the meal.

He took the fork and began eating the meal I made, humming in satisfaction in every bite. I could tell he was hungry, since he skipped lunch with me.

What happened earlier this afternoon flashed into my mind, "Uhm.. Puddin'?" I was hesitating, going against my decision to even tell him that Batman called and now knows who I am.

He told me I should never go out without him, and I always wonder why, but I resisted to even ask him. "Yes, Harls?" He asked right after he drank the wine from the wine glass.

I then fiddled with my spaghetti and smiled nervously, "Had you lost.. uh.. your phone by any chance earlier?" I finally asked.

But, he just continued eating the dinner I made, "Yeah, how did you know and what about it?"

I then began laughing nervously, now fiddling with the ends of my ponytail, "Uh... Someone called using your phone number.."

And then he stopped, his eyes kept on the meal who is half eaten. He clutched his fists onto the metal utensil, his once gentle, icy blue eyes turning dark in anger.

I was surprised when he looked up to me with his dark, sinister eyes. Angry was painted, but something else was written on it.

Fear.

"Who." He spoke, as if it was a demand rather than a question to be asked.

I shivered and stuttered, "B-Batman.."

And that point, I flinched hard when he suddenly slammed his fists against the table, making the table shake intensely, the plates shaking and the wine glass fell off and shattered on the floor. I looked down to my feet, not wanting to look at him in the eyes.

"He talked to you?!" He barked.

I wanted to tear up, but that would only result a beating if I do it in front of him.

I slowly nodded as an answer, not taking the risk to talk since I already know my voice would crack.

"God damn it, Harley!" He shouted again, this time, flipping the table over, spilling and shattering the dishes.

I froze on my place, trying hard to not let a single tear drop from my cheek.

"Now, he already knows I have a vulnerable girl with me! He can easily take you!"

"I'm not vulnerable.. I can handle myself." I snapped with all confidence, gaining all of it to not let my voice crack.

"And you have the guts to talk back!" He boomed before his hand meet my face, hard.

So hard my cheek already got swollen in a split second.