51: Yoongi's Birthday

(A/N: So it's been over a month... I'm sorry about that. I've been stressed with life recently and time yeeted itself out the window so instead of leaving an apology at the beginning of every chapter and promising more to come sooner, I'm just gonna say I will post when I can but it won't be as often as I wish it could be. I'm sure y'all can understand. Also, another long chapter)

"Happy birthday, kitten."

"Ready to bake that cake?" 

Jungkook huffed. "No."

"Why not? It was your idea."

"I thought it would just be us, but your mom invited herself," Jungkook grumbled. 

"My mom is a delight to have around," Yoongi put a hand on his chest in mock hurt. 

"But we don't get along," Jungkook whined. "Maybe you should just go bake with her as some mother and son alone time, and I'll just stay up here and watch Beomgyu."

"Don't be like that," Yoongi shook his head. "It's going to be fine."

"But somebody needs to watch Beomgyu."

"We have a whole castle full of staff and a small circle of friends we can ask. Jin has been obsessed with the idea of babies and children since we had Beomgyu. I'm sure he'd love to watch him."

"It's a fortress, not a castle."

"Yeah, okay, tuff guy," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "That's not the point I was making."

"What if I don't trust the castl-- fortress staff?" 

"You're the one who hired them. If you don't trust them, then they should probably be fired. And I also suggested Jin, who is probably the most trustworthy person in this whole castle, including you."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just call Jin more trustworthy than your own husband."

"Hey," Yoongi shrugged. "I've known him for longer."

"So?" Jungkook scoffed, somewhat playfully, wrapping his arms around Yoongi. "As your husband, I should be the one you can put all of your trust in."

"You do have all my trust," Yoongi responded. "And I trust that you'll be in the kitchen baking my birthday cake with my mother in the next 30 minutes."

And with that, Yoongi pat Jungkook's shoulder and pushed himself out of his arms, leaving their bedroom. 

Jungkook stood there and whined in disbelief. Yoongi was totally being unfair in his opinion. Despite that, Jungkook dragged himself into the closet to get dressed. And in the next 30 minutes, Jungkook found himself in the kitchen with Yoongi and his mom after passing Beomgyu off to Jin. 

"There you are," Yoongi smiled. "Took you long enough."

"It's been ten minutes!" Jungkook shot back. "That isn't very long!"

"I was being sarcastic, you big baby."

"How am I supposed to know that?" Jungkook crossed his arms, walking to the kitchen counter. "You say things in a very non sarcastic sounding way."

"I'm literally the most sarcastic person you know?" Yoongi made a 'bruh' face.

"Where's the mixing bowls?" Jungkook grumbled, opening the lower cabinets. (Dummy doesn't know his own kitchen.)

"Far left," Yoongi responds, going to get the eggs from the fridge.

"I'll get the dry ingredients," Queen Min told them, going through the cupboard.