46: Better Together

(A/N: Some writer's block hit me despite me actually knowing what I wanted in the chapter. That block was called lazy, and I got trucked by it because I was spending all my time reading a fic. I even didn't finish reading it yet because the plot twist made me mad and I have to take a break from it, lol. But I am working on multiple things at once. After this is done, I have one on hold I need to continue and I have a new one I'm working on that I'm excited about, even if it's not as good.)

Yoongi gasped.

Jungkook took him to the forest outside the kingdom walls. They were standing at the trail they always walk on.

Yoongi threw himself onto Jungkook for a hug.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"This isn't the surprise," Jungkook laughed.

Yoongi looked up. "It's not?"

"Follow me."

Jungkook took Yoongi's hand and they started walking down the path. Yoongi looked around as they walked, taking in the beautiful scenery.

They were walking for a few minutes, Yoongi wearing a huge smile. But then, Jungkook turned off of the path.

"Where are we going?"

"Just follow me," Jungkook winked. "I promise it'll be worth it."

Yoongi quietly followed as Jungkook pulled him through the woods, moving branches out of the way and clearing a path for Yoongi. When they finally made it to the clearing that Jungkook was leading them to, Yoongi gasped.

In the middle of the clearing, lay a blanket with a picnic basket.

"You didn't," Yoongi laughed.

"Oh, but I did. Do you wanna go see what I made?"

Yoongi went to the basket and opened it, quietly gasping again.

"Chocolate chip pancakes! Jungkook?"

"Everytime we argue, we seem to apologize with those," Jungkook shrugged. "But I had to be a little more creative this time, so I turned it into a picnic."

Yoongi walked back over to Jungkook and wrapped his arms around his neck, leaning in for a kiss.

"You always do things like this for me. I wish there was something I could do for you."

"You do a lot," Jungkook insisted. "You deal with all of my crap, you always forgive me so easily."

"That doesn't count. You deal with me all the time, too. That's just what married people do."

"Loving me back is more than I could ask for," Jungkook gave a goofy smile.

"That doesn't count either," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

Jungkook walked Yoongi over to the blanket and kneeled down, holding onto the sides of Yoongi's baby bump.

"Good thing I saved best for last, then," Jungkook kissed the bump. "You gave me a family of my own."

"You cheesy little sh*t," Yoongi laughed, showing his gummy smile.

"Don't curse in front of the baby," Jungkook teased.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and pushed Jungkook's hands off of his stomach. "Let's just eat. I'm hungry."

"As you wish, my queen."

Yoongi blushed and smacked Jungkook's shoulder before sitting down next to the basket of pancakes. Jungkook sat beside him and pulled out two plates of pancakes and silverware, handing one set to Yoongi.