59: Epilogue 6: Baby Fever

Yoongi finally realized what was wrong with his feelings, but now he was acting depressed and gloomy, and Jungkook noticed immediately despite the fact that the change was small.

Jungkook tried to talk to Yoongi a few times, but Yoongi refused to admit his problem out loud. It was a silly reason to be sad.

He didn't think anyone would understand.

After a week of being gloomy, Jungkook became determined to get Yoongi to open up.

"Goodmorning, beautiful," Jungkook kissed Yoongi's cheek, watching in amusement as Yoongi's nose scrunched and he hummed, hiding from the sun in Jungkook's chest.

"Come on, kitten, we have to get the kids ready for their tutoring sessions."

Yoongi frowned, thinking about how his kids were old enough to be in school. Shaking off the thought, Yoongi pushed himself up onto his knees and he rubbed his eyes.

He got out of bed and chose and outfit, putting it on and looking in the mirror to adjust anything. Yoongi's eyes trailed to his stomach and he wanted to cry.

He was too skinny. So ugly.

After getting up and getting dressed, the two parents woke up their children and got them ready for their schooling sessions of the day.

Jungkook watched over some of their learning, encouraging them and praising them along with their teachers whenever they needed it. While Yoongi walked around the palace gardens alone.

Yoongi isn't a lazy parent, but he was having a rough week, okay?

While the kids were having a lunch break Jungkook went to the gardens to find Yoongi for their lunch.

He found Yoongi laying next to the big fountain, taking a nap.

"Yoongi."

Yoongi shifted and hummed, leaving his eyes closed.

"Come on, Kitten, let's go have lunch together."

"Not hungry." His stomach burned in a want that wasn't hunger. He couldn't focus on anything else.

"You're being ridiculous," Jungkook sighed, scooping Yoongi into his arms.

Yoongi groggily opened his eyes, feeling conflicted. Jungkook said he was being ridiculous. He knew no one would understand him. He knew there was something wrong with him.  Jungkook was right.

Yoongi buried his face in Jungkook's chest to hide his teary eyes. This was a struggle he would need to get over on his own. The answer was simple. He just had to stop caring and having these thoughts.

Simple enough, right?

Then maybe he would be happier.

Right?

He was just feeling like he killed the atmosphere and made everything awkward all the time because of this mood he was in.

It was just a mood right? Because moods are temporary. This was only temporary, right? He wouldn't be like this forever?

He quietly sniffled and Jungkook stopped.

"Baby?"

Oh, that word.

That evil word.

"Yeah?" Yoongi responded, using effort to make his voice stable.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I'm okay. There's nothing wrong." Only something wrong with him completely, not anything someone else can fix. 

"You've been like this all week, kitten. This isn't you. I want to help but you keep pushing me away. Please, just let me help you," Jungkook pleaded. "I hate seeing you like this. It breaks my heart."