14: Day 6: Alone Time

Yoongi woke up feeling adventurous. 

He wanted to go walk through the woods like he had done a few weeks ago by himself when he snuck out of the castle. He had been stuck in the beach house for many days now, and he felt like it was time for some exploring. Not only that, but Jungkook had been attached to him by the hip since they had been married, and Yoongi wanted some space.

Don't get him wrong... He didn't dislike Jungkook's company. He actually really enjoyed spending time with him. But as an introvert, he was feeling kind of drained and wanted some time to himself to recharge. He was admittedly starting to get cranky without some alone time. 

He helped Jungkook clean up the blanket fort they had made the previous day, and then they ate breakfast together as usual. This time, they ate toast and fruit. As Yoongi ate his apple, he tried to come up with a way to ask Jungkook if he could go out by himself. 

Jungkook stood from the table and put his plate in the sink, throwing away an apple core and a banana peel from the fruits he had eaten. Yoongi followed suit, putting his plate in the sink and throwing away what was left of his apple. Jungkook walked over to Yoongi and wrapped his arms around Yoongi's waist.

"What do you want to do today, kitten?"

"Is it okay if I walk around the woods a bit to get some fresh air?"

"Sure. That sounds like fun," Jungkook nodded. "We can pack a small bag with some snacks and some water, and I can show you around some of the trails around here."

Yoongi flattened his ears in nervousness. Jungkook had included himself in the plans, and Yoongi didn't want to upset him, but he really did need some time alone.

"Jungkook, I was wondering if I could go by myself."

"What? No. Why would you go by yourself? It could be dangerous."

Yoongi scoffed and took Jungkook's arms off of his waist. "You sound just like my parents."

"Maybe because your parents were right?" Jungkook shrugged as he followed Yoongi out of the kitchen. 

"I know how to take care of myself."

"Kitten, you were caught by my men."

"That was four against one, and dogs are naturally stronger than cats! That was unfair, and you know it!"

It was Jungkook's turn to scoff. "So what, you think that every situation will be fair? No! If you go out alone and run into other animals, it won't always be one on one. I'm strong, and I can handle those types of situations. I should be there to protect you."

"Are you calling me weak?" Yoongi whipped around to glare at Jungkook.

"What? No! I'm just saying that--"

"If I'm not weak, then I should be able to handle myself."

"Yoongi, don't cut me off when I'm talking."

"Stop treating me like a kid!"

"I haven't been treating you like a kid," Jungkook argued.

"Yes you have! If you were treating me like an adult, you would give me the freedom to walk around by myself for a few hours!"

"That's an entirely different situation," Jungkook crossed his arms. "I'm staying with you to protect you because we're married, not because you're practically a fetus."

"You sound like I'm dirt stuck on the bottom of your shoe. Like I'm some burden you're being forced to carry."

"What? Yoongi--"