45: Set Free

"Yoongi."

"Yoongi." 

"What?" Yoongi finally turned around and stopped walking, facing Jungkook.

"Yoongi! You're being ridiculous!"

"Oh really?"

"You've been such a brat to me for the past week!" Jungkook glared.

"It hasn't been a week yet," Yoongi pointed out. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hang out with Jin. He has Beomgyu, and I wanna see my baby."

Yoongi turned and started walking away, but Jungkook followed him.

"Yoongi, you can't keep ignoring me like this!"

"I can and I will," Yoongi hissed. "I'll talk to you again when you agree to let me walk around the forest."

"Kitten, you know why I can't do that--"

Yoongi stopped and turned, glaring. "Don't try to sweet talk me with pet names. It's not going to work on me. And no, I actually don't know why you seem to be so dead set on trapping me in the castle like a caged bird. I've said this before a million times: if you're so worried about me, then come with me."

"And look how that turned out last time."

"You weren't with me last time," Yoongi argued.

"And whose fault was that?" Jungkook scoffed. "How am I supposed to know you won't just do the same thing again?"

Yoongi's ears and tail drooped, and he swallowed a lump in his throat. "I-I'm sorry. I'll just go to Jin's room."

Jungkook's eyes widened as Yoongi turned and started walking away with his head down.

"Sh*t," Jungkook mumbled, going after Yoongi yet again. "Kitten, wait! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that."

"Like what?" Yoongi muttered. "How else was I supposed to take that? Clearly it was supposed to be taken a certain way. And you're right, anyway. Last month was all my fault."

"No! It wasn't!" Jungkook tried to grab Yoongi's arm, but Yoongi shrugged it off, making Jungkook hold in a whine of protest. "Please, Yoongi, I swear it isn't like that. I don't blame you for what happened. I never have and never will, and I've told you that many times before!"

"You've told me that many times," Yoongi nodded, straightening his back as he walked. "But the truth is always revealed eventually. People often express their true feelings during heated moments."

"That's not true, and you know it," Jungkook denied. "Arguing with you makes me more likely to say something I don't mean, and I sometimes end up hurting you with garbage that doesn't mean anything."

"People lie when they think the truth will upset others."

"Please, Yoongi, you're blowing this out of proportion! You know I would never blame you for--"

Yoongi finally arrived at Jin's room and put his hand on the door nob, interrupting Jungkook.

"It's okay," Yoongi looked down. "You don't have to try to convince me that it wasn't my fault just because you think it will cheer me up."

"Yoongi--"

"Please, Jungkook, don't. I just need some space right now."

Jungkook's heart dropped. "Space? What do you mean?"

Yoongi lifted his head and stared into Jungkook's eyes. "I mean that I need some time alone for a while. Don't follow me." And with that, Yoongi entered Jin's room, leaving a stunned puppy behind.