58: Epilogue 5: They Grow Up So Fast

"Hey mom?"

Yoongi turned to look at his now 9 year old Beomgyu, who was only a foot shorter than himself. Stupid tall dog genes.

"Yeah?"

"Can we have Kai over today? And Soobin? And Yeonjun?"

"Oh, um, I can ask their parents. Sure."

"Yay!"

Beomgyu ran out to go find Taehyun and Seohyun, so they could all play together when their friends arrived.

Yoongi sent someone to the village to ask Taehyung and E for Kai to come over, and stop by Namjoon and Seokjin's new house in the village to ask about Soobin. He sent someone else to ask Minjun and Yukio about Yeonjun. He waited in the castle for the replies.

The first castle staff messenger came back with a 10 year old and an 8 year old.

"Hello Kai. Hello Binnie."

"Hi uncle Yoongi!"

"Go ahead and walk to the garden. I'll bring the others," Yoongi smiled, ushering the kids away.

The two ran down the hall to where they knew the garden was located.

"No running inside!" Yoongi tried to call after them, but they didn't hear. Rolling his eyes, he turned and left to go find his own kids.

When he brought them to the garden, they greeted each other excitedly.

"Mom, when's Yeonjun gonna get here?"

"I don't know, baby. He lives farther away so it might be a while."

Beomgyu pouted but nodded in understanding. Suddenly, he brightened back up.

"Can we make brownies?"

"Brownies? Why?"

"Mom," Beomgyu whined. "You know this! It's uncle Namjoon's birthday this weekend!"

"I'm sure the plans for celebration weren't going to be brownies five days too early, but sure, we can have some."

"Yay!" They all cheered.

"Okay, let's go to the kitchen," Yoongi led them all back inside and through the hall. Once they got in the kitchen, Yoongi started making the brownies, only occasionally letting the kids help because he knew they would make a mess he would have to clean. The staff had a day off today.

When Yoongi was pulling the brownies out of the oven, he heard his name called.

"Uncle Yoongi!"

The whole room full of children gasped and ran to the door screaming Yeonjun's name.

"Hey! Wait!" Yoongi yelped, quickly tossing the brownies onto the counter and throwing his oven mitts around randomly, trying to catch up to the wild kids.

Soobin made it to Yeonjun first with his longer 10 year old legs, and he crashed into his friend with a big hug. The others caught up and whined.

"Binnie, I wanna hug Yeonie too!" Seohyun pouted.

"No!" Soobin squeezed Yeonjun harder. "It's my turn right now!"

After a few very impatiently waited seconds, Taehyun screeched. "You're taking too long! I want a turn too!"

"No I'm not!"

"You're acting like you like Yeonie," Beomgyu crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

Soobin quickly shoved Yeonjun away, causing him to stumble. "I do not!" He blushed.

"Hehehe, Binnie's face is pink," Kai giggled.