Nightmares(TodoKiri)

I HAVE JUST BEEN INTRODUCED TO THIS BEAUTIFUL SHIP SO NOW IT IS GOING TO BE A PART OF THIS BOOK :D

Kind of angst? Like it's more sad than angst?

Already in a relationship.

Prompt:

"This? These tears? They are not a weakness. They show how strong you are and how strong you've been. And when you're done, look back and know that you were strong enough to overcome what you once thought was impossible."

~~

*3rd POV*

Todoroki was tossing and turning in his bed, he was having a nightmare-more specifically a nightmare about his childhood. But once it was the memory of how he got his scar he shot up in his bed, and felt out of breath. After regaining his breath, he groaned because he knew there was no chance that he would be able to go back to sleep or else he would have more nightmares. Todoroki knew that he needed to talk to someone, more specifically his boyfriend Eijirou Kirishima.

So he reached over to his nightstand and grabbed his phone, he quickly scrolled through his contacts and found Kirishima's contact. Todoroki clicked the 'Call' button and didn't have to wait long when he heard a voice on the other side of the line,

"Shoto? What's up?"

Todoroki felt guilty because he could hear the tiredness in Kirishima's voice, "Oh, were you asleep?"

"Yeah, but that's okay. What do you need?" Kirishima reassured him.

"I-I need you right now, can I come over?" Todoroki pleaded.

"Of course, just text me when you're near so I can let you in." Kirishima answered.

Todoroki thanked him, "Thank you, I'll see you in a bit."

"No problem, see you soon." Kirishima replied.

Then the call ended, Todoroki got up and put a hoodie on then snuck out of his house.

~Time skip to Kirishima's house~

Todoroki walked up to the front door and knocked softly, then soon after the door opened. There and behold was Kirishima, who held a tired smile and opened his arms, which Todoroki ran into. They stayed like that for a couple minutes, but then Kirishima let go and gestured Todoroki inside. After Todoroki came inside and took his shoes off, Kirishima closed the door then grabbed Todoroki's hand and led him upstairs into his room.

Once they were in his room, Kirishima sat Todoroki on his bed then sat next to him,

"So, what's wrong?"

Shoto looked away, "I had a nightmare about my past and I guess it was just really painful."

Kirishima looked at him worriedly, then pulled Todoroki into a loving hug, "Do you wanna talk about it? It might make you feel better."

Todoroki was a bit hesitant to tell Kirishima, but he knew he could talk to Kirishima about this because he trusted him. So then Todoroki talked about all the bad things that happened, how his father hurt him mentally and emotionally, how his mother had poured boiling hot water on his face and that's why he had the scar which then emotionally scarred him, and Kirishima listened to all of it.

Once Todoroki had finished, he felt a warm hand caress his cheek and that was when Todoroki realized that sometime when he was talking he started to cry.

Todoroki laughed bitterly, "I feel so powerless. I fought against villains and here I am crying over my past. I'm so weak."

"No you're not Shoto." Kirishima stated.

Todoroki looked at Kirishima in shock, "What do you mean?"

"This? These tears? They are not a weakness. They show how strong you are and how strong you've been. And when you're done, look back and know that you were strong enough to overcome what you once thought was impossible." Kirishima replied softly.

Todoroki smiled softly, "Thank you Eijirou, I really needed that."

Kirishima chuckled, "That's what I'm here for. Alright come one let's go to bed now."

Then Kirishima went under the covers then held it open, an invite for Todoroki to join. Once Todoroki took his hoodie off he joined Kirishima, Kirishima pulled Todoroki to his chest and started to run one hand though Todoroki's hair and wrapped the other around Todoroki. Todoroki then snuggled into Kirishima's chest, wrapping his arms around Kirishima and sighed in content.

Todoroki started to fall asleep, but as he did he mumbled, "Goodnight Eijirou, I love you."

Right before Todoroki fell asleep, he felt a pair of lips kiss his forehead and Kirishima whisper in his ear, "I love you too Shoto."

Shoto had no more nightmares that night. All thanks to the person he loved the most there to protect him from the nightmares that plagued his mind.