Broken Promises(TodoKami)

:>

~~

Prompt:

"But you promised..."

~~

Shoto Todoroki has had a hard life ever since he was small, his mother poured boiling water on his face, his eldest brother died, and his father is just an asshole in general.

He's never had a stable relationship with anyone besides his siblings, but once he went to U.A.  High School-despite not wanting too-. For the first time in Todoroki's life was he able to know what having friends was like, he was able to know what being in love felt like.

This was thanks to one individual, and his name was Denki Kaminari.

Luckily for Todoroki, the boy he fell in love with reciprocated his feelings! And they've been going strong for five years now.

Although lately Kaminari has been acting...weird, well weird for Kaminari anyway. Todoroki hasn't said anything because he trusts Kaminari, but it just feels off. Leaving suddenly and avoiding the question when asked where who he was meeting up with.

When he talked to their friends about it, they agreed that Kaminari's behavior's been odd.

So Todoroki took matters into his own hands and decided to follow Kaminari when he left to go meet up with some friends that Todoroki didn't know.

~~

Todoroki had followed Kaminari to a small café, all seemed okay but then he saw some guy walk up to his boyfriend and kiss him on the lips.

Todoroki was in total disbelief.

Was Kaminari... cheating on him?

But that couldn't be, after everything that they've been through?

~flashback~

After a year or so of dating, Todoroki thought it was finally time for him to talk to Kaminari about his childhood trauma. He wasn't sure how Kaminari was going to react to it, his trauma was pretty bad after all.

But once he did, he was immediately enveloped into a hug,

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Shoto."

"It's okay, it's in the past now."

Kaminari grasped Todoroki's shoulders roughly, "It's not okay Shoto, what happened to you isn't something you should just brush off your shoulder just like that."

"I appreciate your concern Denki, but I've come to terms with my past." Todoroki replied.

Kaminari raised an eyebrow, "If you say so... But I promise you Shoto Todoroki that I, Kaminari Denki will never hurt you like you've been hurt before."

Todoroki's eyes widened, before smiling softly, "Okay."

~flashback end~

Tears welled up in Todoroki's eyes as the realization of what was happening settled in.

And as the first tear slid down his cheek, he said in a small broken voice, "But you promised..."

~~