Standards(TodoKami)

This will take place in an AU where quirks don't exist and they work at a hospital.

Prompt:

"How's your day going?"

"Well, no one died."

"Those are your standards?!"

~~

Todoroki was relaxing in a cafe where he was waiting for his blind date to show up. He only decided to do this because his friends and older sister insisted that he do something instead of stay inside and eat cold soba whenever he was off of work. He barely even know anything about the guy! But that is kind of what the blind part of a blind date stands for. All he knows is that he's a friend of one of his friends and he's supposed to meet him at the cafe he was in in 5 minutes. He was letting his mind wander while staring out the window when suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder. Todoroki looked up and saw a young adult who had bright blond hair with a black lighting bolt and golden eyes staring at him curiously.

"Umm are you Todoroki Shoto by any chance?" The boy asked Todoroki awkwardly.

"Yes, that's me. I'm assuming your Kaminari Denki?" Todoroki replied.

Kaminari smiled, "Yup! That'd be me!"

Kaminari then took a seat in the booth across from Todoroki then asked, "How's your day going?"

"Well, no one died." Todoroki said plainly.

Kaminari looked at him surprised, "Those are your standards?!"

"Yes." Todoroki stated.

"Wha-Why?!" Kaminari exclaimed confused.

Todoroki explained, "Well, I work as a doctor at Yuuei Hospital, so if no one died then I'm doing my job right."

Kaminari gasped, "You work at Yuuei hospital too?! Odd that I've never heard about you before."

Todoroki's eyes widened, "You work there as well?"

Kaminari replied, "Yeah I'm a Paramedic, that's where I met Izuku, since he works in Emergency Room. How'd you meet him?"

Ah yes, Izuku the young adult who became the best in his department soon after he had finished his residency at Yuuei hospital. Who was also the the person who had set the blind date for Todoroki and Kaminari up.

"We were in the same class in medical school." Todoroki stated.

"Ahh I see. That's cool! I guess that means your standards for how your day is going goes the same for me!" Kaminari said cheerfully.

"Yes." Todoroki replied.

"So, what are your interests?" Kaminari asked.

And that is when the date kicked off, the day flew by as they were talking about their interests, what they like to do in their spare time, and other random things. They could've talked even longer but sadly that was broken when ringing came from Kaminari's phone. Kaminari looked at the ID and said "Sorry I've got to take this."

Todoroki nodded, signaling that it's okay.

Kaminari then answered his phone, "Hey Eijirou, what's up? '...' Wait what?! You need me at the hospital now?! '...' Alright, alright I'm on my way I'll be there soon."(The '...' stand for when Eijirou is talking)

Kaminari looked at Todoroki apologetically then said, "Sorry, I've got to go. Duty calls."

"That's fine. I understand." Todoroki replied.

Kaminari then reached into his pocket then grabbed his wallet to pay for his drink but Todoroki stopped him before he could, then said, "I'll pay."

Kaminari exclaimed, "Aw thanks man!"

Then right as Kaminari got up to leave, Todoroki shouted, "Wait, Kaminari!"

Kaminari turned around confused, "Yeah? What is it?"

Todoroki then blushed, "I liked hanging out with you...we should do this again sometime."

Kaminari smiled, then handed Todoroki his number, "I totally agree! I had fun! Here's my number."

Then Kaminari walked away waving to Todoroki as he did, which Todoroki returned.

~~

Extra:

After the Kaminari and his team had brought the body from the call earlier in, then stabilized the body with help of the ER doctors, he was about to leave to get ready for departure when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and saw a certain green-eyed male looking at him.

Izuku asked, "So, how'd your date with Shoto go?"

Kaminari put his arms behind his head, "It went well, it was kinda awkward at first but hey there's going to be a second date."

"Really?! Wow good for you Denki! I knew you two would be hit it off! Just make sure when you get married you say that you're together thanks to me." Izuku said with wide eyes, but when he finished he winked at Denki.

Denki blushed, then smiled at Izuku, "Alright."