Chapter 45

I stared out of my window and up in the sky. It was a cloudy night. The sky was tar black and you could see the dark clouds moving effortless in the sky. I could tell just by looking that it was going to rain like one of the nights earlier.

But tonight I was home. I was safe. I wasn't with Alec. And I wasn't obsessing over Xavier like before.

I sighed deeply as I closed my eyes and let myself feel the tingles of the wind on my face. Thinking with the cool wind blowing all over my face made it easier for me. I could now clearly think about Xavier. Am I ready to forgive him yet? Is he even worth forgiving?

Was I going too far? But doesn't he deserve it?

And yet I haven't clarified to my parents that we were meant to call off our engagement that day. Maybe I don't want to because that was the first time Xavier actually stood up for us. For our relationship.

I could hear the soft noise of rain falling on the ground. I inhaled deeply before going and switching off the light of my room. As soon as I turned it off it was pitch black in the room.

I moved in my room with a content smile on my face. I left the window open as I went to my bed and now laid down to enjoy the weather slowly and steadily getting changed.

I changed my side and now lay there straight-- staring at the ceiling.

The loud noise of rain pouring down just like a huge amount of nails being dropped down on a floor filled my room. I turned to one side and stared out the window again. I could smell musky and pleasant odour of the earth.

A small smile made it's way onto my lips thinking of all the emotions I felt the last time in this rain. All the good memories I spent with Alec. Thinking about how much has changed since the last time.

The last time it poured down Xavier still acted cold towards me. He didn't care. And yet when his mother told me how he actually came that day...it made me happy....and now? I just don't care.

What was even there to be happy about?

My dark room was filled with bluish light. I pulled my covers up to my chin as I waited for the loud thundering sound to follow up. Not even a second later I heard it.

The weather is really taking it out today. Lightening. Heavy rain. It's like it just knows that I am in an emotional turmoil right now and it is letting me know that it is okay to be emotionally drained.

I closed my eyes and let all the chaos in my mind lose. The only thing occupying my mind was the sound of the rain and something hitting the floor of my room.

Plunck.

Wait, what?

I opened my eyes and now stared at the floor. I was frozen for a second before I saw another stone wrapped in a paper come and hit the ground of my room.

I pulled down my covers and slowly got up as I sat at the edge of my bed. I wasn't sure as I kept my eyes on the window. Not even a few seconds later I saw another one of them come inside.

This time I got up and ran towards my window and looked down. It was dark but not dark enough to let me know that someone was standing down--looking up...at me. Somewhere deep in my conscious I knew who it was. And I was afraid to see his face. I was afraid to think that he would actually show up here.

Why would he?

All my doubts vanished as another lightening illuminated his face enhancing his features. I found his weary hazel eyes looking tired and vulnerable.

I couldn't help but gulp.

I took a step away from the window and now stared at the paper covered stones on my floor. I got down on one knee and taking one of them with shaky hands opened the paper. I crumbled it out and as expected there was something written on it. His writing was all smudged up because of the rain but I could still read it enough to tell what was written.