Chapter 21

I stood outside the cafeteria as I saw the whole long queue of girls packing their faces with makeup or adjusting their dresses. Ahem, minimal amount of dresses to be Xavier's girlfriend. I felt like strangling each and every girl in the queue. He is mine.

I wanted to scare them off but then I stopped myself. I wanted to see who'll be the one Xavier picks. Knowing him, he was going to pick a straight up bitch in a haste. I cannot blame him. Guys tend to make that mistake more often than we can count.

"Are you ready?"

Evie said snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head at her. I don't know if I was ready or not. But if not now, then when?

"I'll be by your side." She said straightening her brown dress.

I joined the line before me, "Did you talk to Brian?"

She fell silent. I looked sideways to find her staring down sadly. She didn't. And I didn't want her to be with me when she could be talking to Brian and making things better. They deserve each other's love and not anger.

"I'll handle this. Xavier isn't going to pick me whatsoever." I put my hands on her shoulders. She looks at them before looking at me, "You should go and talk to Brian."

"He isn't here." She shrugged her shoulders.

"What do you mean he isn't here?"

"He is not in school." She stated coldly. I realized she wasn't liking the fact that we were talking about Brian.

"Then go where you think he would be! I don't know, just don't stay mad at each other!" I said incredulously.

She shook her head, "You don't see Liya? It wasn't my fault. It was all his fault...He doesn't act so possessive about you! Then why me?!"

Because he loves you!

I wanted to yell at her face. Ofcourse I didn't. It wasn't my place.

"Because you are better friends than me. He cares for you more than me." I said calmly trying to make her understand.

But damn this girl won't listen.

"You were not wrong, right?" I asked.

"Yes." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

I looked around before sighing. Sorry Brian, I need to do this.

"Then go and give him a piece of mind. Let him know that you weren't wrong. It was him. It was his fault. Yell at him. And if possible you can kick his ass too. He won't mind I am sure. Just don't stay mad at each other....the next time I see you guys. You better be clinging to each other."

Evie fell into deep thought. She nodded her head slowly at me telling me I was probably right. She hugged me before wishing me luck and leaving me to stand there.

I sighed through my noise. One problem down. Another one to go.

I looked back to realize that I did come forward in the line but even more were standing behind me. Come on! Not each and every girl could be single?! It's like they have been waiting for their whole life to be here.

I tiptoed to look in the front at the table that was laid down while the XAN trio sat there with pencils and papers in front of them.

I didn't know they were this serious when they said auditions. For all I thought it was going to be a random contest. But they have this all thing planned out like professionals.

I looked again to find Xavier sitting in the middle looking bored as he dismissed each girl. As I saw the new girl come forward I noticed him roll his eyes again before they settled into some distance to look at me. As soon as his gaze met mine I saw him sitting straight up in alertness and shifting his gaze from me to the girl in front of her nodding and looking at her as if she was the most interesting thing.