Chapter 4

I was laying on my bed thinking about all the events that happened today. I turned towards one side and stared at one of the pictures that was hanging on my walls. It was of me and my parents.

I sighed. Then turning again I laid straight now staring at the ceiling. Does Xavier really despises me that much? Was the constant thought going around in my mind.

I heard the door to my room open. I got up enough to see my mom entering the room. I sat up straight. She came in and stood at some distance,

"You remember that today is Friday, right?" She asked me.

I looked at her confused for a second before realization dawned upon me. It was Friday! That meant...Xavier would be here with his family. It was a tradition we had followed since I was kid. On Fridays and sundays we had dinner at each others houses. On any other normal day I would be excited to go to their house or be excited to see Xavier. But today, I didn't feel like it. I was so tired of all the things that happened today that I didn't even want to go downstairs.

"Do you want me to help you choose an outfit?" My mom asked clasping her hands together. She looked excited. She has always liked to match my level of excitement.

"No. I think I'll just wear this." I said looking down at my clothes. I was just wearing plain navy blue top with a pair of jeans.

My mom looked at me a little worried, "Is something the matter? How was school?"

Here we go. I knew she would come to know if something was wrong with me. And I would have been glad to tell her this. But I cannot right now. I don't want to. What will I even say? That your son in law behaves like some psychopath in school? Imagine the look on her face once she knows the boy she admires so much was a psychopath.

"I am fine Maa. Just go."

Even though she seemed like she wanted me to ask further she thought it was better to let it go. She closed the door behind her once she went out. Once she was out I got up from my bed and walked upto the mirror which was in another corner. I never really liked using mirrors except on Fridays and sundays.

Here goes nothing. I muttered to myself and went to sit on my study table.

***

I helped mom put the food on the dinner table as the door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Dad said getting up from the sofa from which he was watching some match on tv. He returned from his work just an hour ago. No matter how busy he was. He would always take out some time from his busy schedule for family dinners like these. I looked more like my dad than my mom. Except my face structure which was on my mom. But else, I had the same wavy black hair. And the same dark chocolate eyes.

I heard some loud greetings and laughing from the door as I took a set of plates from my mother's hands. She had a satisfied smile on her face as she waited for them to enter the dining room.

The first person to enter was Mrs. Reed. Who ran straight to my mom. Hugging her as if they had not met each other in a few years. The next person to enter was Xavier followed by his and my dad. Xavier looked at me once before greeting my mom.

Hannah, Xavier's mom took notice of me and ran towards me to hug me,

"Ahh...I missed you so much my baby girl." Then taking a step back she smiled softly at me before looking down at my clothes. I mean yes they have never seen me dressed so casually on these days. So it might be surprising for them. And I don't blame them.

Even though Hannah looked at me up and down she didn't say anything. She looked just as much satisfied. Ever since I have known her she has loved me like her daughter.