Chapter 3

I stood outside the cafeteria looking as everyone passed by me. I looked at the time and five minutes had already passed.

I waited for about a few more minutes for Evie before sighing in resignation. Brian adviced me to never go to the cafeteria alone, especially today that it was my first day. He never told me the reason but taking the wild guess what could be the worse? I won't get lunch? Or I won't find a seat? But I can always come out of there, right?

I took a deep breath. It was time that I went inside.

I stood at the corner of the door. Before I stepped forward I saw Xavier, Alec and some other guy from the chemistry class coming towards the cafeteria.

The three of them walked as if they owned this place. It felt as of they had a golden aura around them. They were talking to each other as they passed me. None of them saw me as they went inside. I stood there for a minute with a hand on my heart. It was racing fast. Xavier had this effect on me. Whenever he was near me I could not help it. I could not help my heart from racing fast.

I closed my eyes and shook my head to clear it from all the thinking. I gotta go inside and have lunch. I muttered before slapping my face with both hands.

When I opened them again, I found Xavier standing there in front of me with a dead expression. His not so curly but at the same time curly enough to bounce, brown hair were swept back.

The hands which were still on my face, I hurriedly put them down.

Did he see me like that? Ughhh. Can I just go and bang my head somewhere? That would be much better than standing here in front of Xavier.

He took a step towards me. His hands in his pockets. I felt my heart stop as he Bent down a little so he could stare into my dark brown eyes as I looked into his beautiful dominantly green hazel eyes.

"Just a warning. Don't enter the cafeteria alone." He whispered. I looked at him confused. But he was already gone laughing.

Yet another warning to not go inside alone. What is it that is making people to not go alone? And who is the trio that Brian was talking about?

I peeked inside the cafeteria from outside. From what I could see it was pretty normal cafeteria. People were having their lunch. The loud noise and buzz of them speaking. Laughing at some table. And yet crying at another. I couldn't find whatsoever wrong or extraordinary about this cafeteria right here. The same table and chairs. The same area where the food was served.

Strange.

My stomach rumbled. Ofcourse I was hungry. I wasn't able to finish my sandwich because Xavier showed up early.

I looked back inside again. You know what? I don't care. I will go inside. What can be the worse thing that could happen? Besides I was too much hungry to make me think otherwise.

I held my head high and entered the cafeteria with what seemed like some confidence in me. I went and joined the queue to take food. Pretty soon I got my turn.

I thanked the lady and taking my lunch I stood for a while to spot an empty seat. So far so good. I even found a seat to sit in without any trouble. I laughed internally, I don't know what that fuss was all about.

I started walking towards my only empty seat. Before I could reach it I found myself tripping and spilling my whole food in front of me. I sat there frozen on my knees staring at my not-a-second-ago-eatable lunch on the floor. You mess with everything. But. You. Do. Not. Mess. With. My. Food.

I snapped my head above to look at the guy who caused this. He was the same guy I saw with Xavier earlier. I got up from my spot dusting my hands and pants. He was so going to have one from me. I took a step towards him but his voice made me stop,