Chapter 35

I was still holding onto Xavier as my nerves calmed down. As soon as I was feeling well enough to have a sense of thinking I stepped far away from him.

Xavier looked at me confused before stepping forward and trying to reach out to me. I held my hand in front of me making him stop. The confusion on his face increased but I ignored it.

I looked down at Nathaniel who was still moaning in pain. I hurried over to him and helped him get up,

"I am so sorry." I said apologetically.

He tried to get up slowly with his hands still on his head before leaning on me a little, "You have quite a strength."

I looked at him guiltily before looking down a little embarrassed. I felt bad for Nathaniel. I really hit him hard. Really really hard.

"I am so sorry." I repeated.

He tried to shake his head before wincing in pain and holding onto his head tightly, "I totally get it. You were just trying to protect yourself....besides," he looked in the front. I followed his gaze and found him looking at Xavier, "it is better to have a little concussion knowing that you are safe than dying through someone's hands."

Xavier clenched his jaw tight, "What do you mean?"

"Don't act so naive now." Nathaniel said before turning towards me, "Liya, I swear to god you should have seen Xavier. He was this whole another person. Angry. Terrified. Willing to do anything. What can be a better example than us standing in the middle of forest for you?!"

"You are exaggerating." Xavier snapped at Nathaniel.

Nathaniel winced before shaking his head, "If anything, it is not even the portion of how you acted. You were about to kill everyone and anyone Xavier."

"Do you want me to hit you again?" Xavier grinded his teeth.

Nathaniel waved his hands bored at Xavier. He wasn't afraid of him. Now when I think about it why would he be? They have been good friends for so long now. He turned towards me, "Thanks to you Liya."

I looked at him dumbfounded. Why is he thanking me? I almost gave him a concussion.

Nath grinned at me, "Thanks for letting me know this side of Xavier. The side I didn't know existed."

"Shut up Nathaniel!" Xavier glared at him.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes before starting to walk.

"I'll help you." I said taking him by his shoulders.

"I can walk. Believe me. It's bad. But not that bad." Nathaniel said grinning.

I was about to say something else when Xavier came and took hold of my hands dragging me away with him, "You heard him. He said he can walk. Now, let's go."

I stared at his hand which was wrapped around my hand. I took my hand away from him, "I can walk too."

Xavier turned around to look at his empty hand. He looked back at me before holding my hand again, "I know. I am letting you walk."

I stopped before snatching my hand away from him again. He seemed frustrated as he asked,

"What is wrong with you? Why don't you just hold my hand?"

I looked at him unbelievably. I was glad that he found me. I was glad that I was safe. But I was so emersed in my joy that I almost forgot that he kissed a girl in front of me. And it hurt me.

"What good will it do holding hands with you? You are gonna go back to sucking faces with Olivia again anyhow."

I heard someone taking a sharp intake of breath. I looked back and saw Nathaniel holding his hands up, "I just didn't hear that."