Chapter 27

"You think he doesn't care?" Evie asked me as the three of us walked towards the cafeteria together.

We had lunch right now. I filled them in with the fact that Xavier knew about me and Luke.

I sighed shrugging my shoulders, "I really don't know. Not anymore. Xavier seemed affected but he acted too different and Luke's words told me otherwise."

Brian cleared his throat from beside me, "If you ask me I would agree with Luke."

Evie turned to look at Brian with surprise, "You would? Why?"

Brian threw his arms around her shoulders as he spoke, "I know Luke, the guy has like six sense." He laughed.

Evie elbowed him in his stomach making him step away from her and bend down holding onto his stomach,

"I am being serious." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay. Okay. Don't be mad... To be frank I think Xavier cares because he didn't say anything."

"You are losing your mind." Evie mumbled.

"I am not! A guy gets mad when he is jealous which we saw in Alec's case... But if a guy is trying to control his emotions that only means two things."

"And those are?" I asked getting interested.

"Either he is not into you at all. Or he is so into you that he just wants you to be happy." He finished.

I wonder which one is it in my case. That he is so into me that he just wants me to be happy? I felt like laughing. No. Never. He proved me that a long time ago.

So did that mean he wasn't into me at all? It is a possibility. The most probable possibility but I just don't want to hold onto this option yet. I still want to believe. Believe that maybe he actually whispered something into Luke's ears that will really make the difference.

"I don't know." I whispered.

Lately that is how I have felt. Confused. Not knowing what I am doing, why am I doing. If I am doing right or wrong.

Evie side hugged me warmly, "You will."

I hugged her back before I felt another arms wrap around us--tightly.

"I love you guys so much." Brian said in delight.

I couldn't help but enjoy the moment. The moment the three of us were hugging. I can't believe I made friends with them. They are always there for me. Even now supporting me through all of it.

Evie was the first one to break the hug. She snapped her fingers, "Let's have this lunch with the XAN trio."

"You are kidding, right?" Brian and I asked in unison. She looked at both of us innocently before shaking her head. We both looked at each other before saying together,

"No!"

"Why?!" She asked.

"Because....it is the XAN trio!" Brian exclaimed.

"Exactly why. We are actually sitting with Xavier to be precise. No Liya is sitting with Xavier to be precise."

"I don't want to sit with Xavier." I said shaking my head finally, "Do you not want me to eat?"

"Just trust me, will you?" She said taking my hands into hers.

I looked at my hands which were in hers right now and sighed. Do I have any other choice than trusting her? No. Even if I keep saying no Evie will make me sit with Xavier no matter what. And rather than having to see her extreme measures I would love to accept it while it is not crazy. Besides she is doing so much for me the least I can do is trust her and do whatever she says.