Chapter 39

(Listen to "Before it sinks in" by Moira Dela Torre:))

Xavier's pov

"Why are you smiling to yourself?" Nathaniel asked looking at me weirdly.

I don't know. I just kissed a girl yesterday. And even though it might not feel like such a big deal, it was for me. I might have kissed a few girls but none of them made me feel giddy like her. None of them made me want to keep it going on forever. None of them ever made me realize how the person kissing me was the most important person in my life....I was finally clear on my feelings.

I have always been in love with Liya.

Call me stupid or idiot. Call me names for realizing it late, but I do now.

I wasn't afraid to admit it anymore. I know for a fact that I haven't been in love with her for the contract that was imposed on us. I love her for who she is.

Trying to be the best she can be. She wants to help everyone in her way. She doesn't give up like most people do. Her determination is what kept me on my toes. Pretending to be strong even when she wasn't.

"Are you going crazy? There you are smiling again." Nathaniel made a slurping sound while drinking his smoothie.

I ignored him again.

I just can't wait to tell Liya about my feelings...Even though it has always been Liya showing me her love, she never confessed to me. I want to be the first one to do so.

"Atleast tell us why are we here?" Alec asked calmly.

I smirked before sitting back in my seat, "You are here to accompany me while I wait."

Nathaniel furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait for who?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Olivia."

They both fell silent. I looked at them with my eyebrows raised. They shared a look before sighing.

What was with them?

We were sitting in a cafe just near Liya's home. Once I was done talking with Olivia, I will give Liya a call and call her here to finally finish all of this.

Finally.

I didn't even have anything with Olivia anyway. The only time we behaved anything closer to a couple was in front of Liya. That was it.

"Xavier," Nathaniel put down his smoothie and looked at me seriously, "You are like my brother. And taking it as my right I am telling you to stop making it any harder for Liya. She is perfect for you. You can't find anyone better than her."

I know. That is what I am doing.

I nodded my head at them silently. If I am supposed to let anyone know about my feelings towards Liya....it has to be her. Not anyone else.

"Nathaniel is right." Alec said crossing his arms, "Stop putting her through pain. Stop hurting her anymore than you already have. Don't let your walls be too high that she gives up."

I am letting my walls down. It's not my fault that I don't open up to people just like that.

The entrance to the cafe opened while the bell just above it made a clinking sound. My eyes turned towards it to find Olivia looking around in search of something before her eyes settled on me. A smile appeared on her face as she started making her way towards our table. The heels she wore made a clanking sound as she walked. She was dressed perfectly and looked perfect. Not a flaw here or there. But that was the thing. Nobody loves perfect. Flawless. Your scars are what make you beautiful.