Chapter 36

"Can you come with me?" He asked again.

I looked up at him again with a blank expression.

I cleared my throat before nodding my head at him unsure, "Sure."

Luke sighed in relief before giving me a side hug. He was driving me home back from school right now. He asked me if I wanted to come to a party with him.

A party. Lots of alcohol and drunk people. Smelly armpits. And chaos.

"But why do you want to take me?" I asked facing him.

He gulped before saying, "Why can't I? You are my girlfriend."

I elbowed him in the stomach making him wince in pain, "Don't forget we are just faking it."

He glared at me before rolling his eyes, "I know. I know. No need to be so violent."

I smirked before crossing my arms over my chest, "Then tell me. We are friends, right?"

"Cannot I have no reason?"

"It is written all over your face. It is about a girl, isn't it? So spit it out already."

He fell silent for a while. Staring in the front before he took a deep breath, "It is."

"Who is it?" I couldn't help but get excited as I sat there on the edge of my seat.

To know Luke had a girl he liked got me excited. I wonder what she was like. Was she as beautiful as Luke? She has to be!

"My ex girlfriend." He muttered silently.

I blinked my eyes a few times at him with a straight face, "Your what?"

"Ex girlfriend"

"You still like her?"

He snapped his attention to me before shaking his head violently, "No. I don't....Maybe....Yes. I do."

It was the first time I saw Luke getting all red. I bit my lip, "You want to take me to the party to make her jealous, don't you?"

"I want to take you to the party because I want to." He said.

Which I assume is only partially true. Even though he is willing to take me to the party, I doubt he didn't mean to show his ex girlfriends that he moved on from her? Make her jealous?

"Were you using me to move on?"

He pursed his lips tight before looking at me through the corner of his eyes, "That was before I met you. I hoped to move on."

"That is why you agreed to date me. Even if it was fake." I stated.

It was confirmed the moment he didn't even try to deny it.

He clenched his jaw tight, "I am sorry."

I tilted my head to one side looking at him. I wasn't mad at him that he dated me for his own reason. Cause wasn't I doing the same thing? I was more mad at him that he didn't tell me.

"What happened then? Wasn't I good enough to help you move on?" I asked.

He stopped the car before unbuckling his seatbelt. He turned towards me in his seat now facing me.

"You are good enough. But even if I want I cannot like you...because in the end I'll only end up hurt."

He meant Xavier. He knew the only person I loved was Xavier. I cannot love anyone else.

"Rather I learnt something from you." He smiled at me softly.

I looked at him confused which made him chuckle, "I learnt to not give up on the person you love. I learnt that from you. That no matter what I should try to hold on as long as I can."