I've Always Been a Christian

Something that I hear some Christians say is, "Oh, I've always been a Christian." Or "I was born a Christian/in a Christian family." Or maybe, "I've always believed."

Now, I think they mean well. It is true a person can learn about Jesus Christ from a young age and believe that He is God and died on the cross early on. The problem with these statements though, is that it is not true that a person can "always be a Christian."

Jesus Christ said Himself that to be a Christian, one can not just be born on earth, but must be "born again."

John 3:3-7 -Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus Christ also rebukes a group of fellow Jews for thinking that coming from a bloodline of godly people will save them. He tells them it doesn't matter if a person were to descend from even rocks, but any person can be saved if they have faith in Christ.

Matthew 3:9 - And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

You can not rely on being born to Christian parents or learning about Jesus at a young age to save you from hell or make you a Christian. You must be born again. This requires you as a person to make a CONSCIOUS and PERSONAL decision to trust Christ for yourself. Not a passive spoon feeding, but an active decision.

Romans 10:9-10 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Christianity Plain and SimpleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara