Racism and Christianity

Throughout history, one of the arguments against Christianity and the Bible is that it is racist. While this is a common claim, nothing could be further from the truth. The Bible, rather is inclusive of all races, and one of the greatest examples of allowing all people to serve God equally regardless of race.

One of the main reasons people say the Bible is racist is because the Jewish people were not allowed to marry non-Jewish people. There are two major problems with this argument. First, Jewish is not a race but a religion. In Acts, the Bible shows that Jewish people were from many different races, countries, and languages.

Acts 2:5-6 - And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Acts 2:9-11 - Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Secondly, people from other races that became Jewish were allowed to marry into Jewish faith, such as Ruth and Rahab. The emphasis therefore is not one someone's race, but rather their religion.

Another complaint people bring up is that Christians are mostly white people. This is also not true though. Africa was one of the first places on earth to except the Gospel, and Europe one of the first people to violently persecute it. In America today, the percentage of black people who are Protestant Christians is higher than the percentage of white people according to Pew Research.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/04/23/black-americans-are-more-likely-than-overall-public-to-be-christian-protestant/

There are also plenty of countries that have a white minority like South Korea (which is the race I am) and Nigeria but are between 25 to 45 percent Christian like the USA. To say Christianity is a white religion is in itself a racist statement.

The Bible itself talks about those of other cultures and races joining the Israelites. Other races and even other cultures, as long as they do not violate the Bible, are welcome into the church of God. Any Christian that acts like it isn't is clearly violating the principles of the Bible.

Colossians 3:11 - Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.