Who Is God?

There is a lot more to God in any religion than that He is just the Supreme Being or the Creator of the World, and Christianity it is not different.

To start, God is a person. He is not an impersonal force, like in Star Wars or a spirit that lives in all living things.

God has feelings, and can be pleased or even sad.

Proverbs 16:7 - When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Ephesians 4:30 - And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

God loves and hates things.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Proverbs 6:16-19 - These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

God above all else is holy and pure. That is why He loves us, and that is why He feels wrath against sin, because He is Holy.

1 Peter 1:15-16 - But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy

Isaiah 6:3 - And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, [is] the LORD of hosts: the whole earth [is] full of his glory.

The Bible teaches there is one God.

Isaiah 44:6 - Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

1 Timothy 2:5a For [there is] one God,

The Bible also teaches that God is separate from His creation. We do not worship God through nature or through prophets or through anything. We worship God directly.

Romans 1:23 - And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Acts 12:22-23 - And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

God does have three roles though. Like a person is a father, brother, or son, and like water can be a gas, liquid, or solid, God has three main roles/entities.

God's first part is the Father. This is the part of God that dealt with people mostly in the Old Testament (though Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit also appear.) This was the God that directly talked to people in the Old Testament such as through the burning bush.

The second part of God is the Son. This is Jesus Christ. I plan to write more on Him later, but for now, Jesus Christ was God's solution for forgiveness of sins. Man was sinful, someone had to be punished, God volunteered and became a man that could be punished while still being God and being holy. That is the role of Jesus Christ.

The third part of God is the Holy Spirit. This is the part that is most active today. He convicts people of sin, helps people know God's will, and is the part that wrote the Bible.

All three of these parts of God are in perfect agreement, and are all one.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.