What Is Heaven?

The second place a person can go to when they die is heaven. Heaven is similar to hell in that it is a temporary place and is permanent, but unlike hell, it is a much more pleasant place to be.

Heaven is a place that all who trust Jesus Christ to forgive their sins will remain in until Jesus Christ reigns on earth. Then they shall reign with Jesus Christ before the world is judged, they are rewarded and judged, and then the new heaven and new earth are created. After this, all shall live on the new earth with God as king.

Heaven is not described very much in the Bible. It is known that we will see the people who believed and be able to hang out with them, such as Abraham, Moses, and Ruth. It is also known that people will be comforted and free from pain.

Luke 16:25 - But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

It is also known that there will be no corruption of things in heaven. Animals won't destroy your stuff and your things won't wear out physically.

Matthew 6:20 - But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

Not much is known about heaven, other than that God is there, it is sinless, and that the saved are there. What is known though, is pleasant.