•3•

Later that day~ After School

At the school parking lot hearing radios turned all the way up. Everybody was outside getting on buses or their cars.

I was outside waiting for my ride with Nicki. She was talking about her and Tristan. I rolled my eyes as I listened to her.

"Why are you so focused on Tristan, it's other males that go here you know." I said.

Don't get me wrong, he does have hoes. Like every typical nigga.

"Because he is so damn fine Lyric!" She groaned playfully causing me to laugh.

I looked out the corner of my eye and spotted Renaé and her clique laughing and walking by us. I rolled my eyes once she stood in front of me.

This bitch lost or something?

"Hey Songbird. How's it going?" She smiled.

"Ummm the name is Lyric. What do you want?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Oh nothing wanted to see if your fine ass boyfriend was outside. But I see he is not." She laughed flipping her weave.

"Look! You got some nerve to come over and start shit Renaé! Bitch go some where before I molly wop your ass!" Nicki spat.

I was laughing so hard in the inside due to her facial expression. She looked over at me and plaster a fake smile on her face.

"Bye Songbird. Good seeing you." She started walking away.

"Got some nerve." I mumbled. But I was really pissed about her knowing about Chris.

Chris pulled up in his Benz. Nicki mugged his ass and I laughed.

"I'll text you tonight girl! See ya." I said hugging Nicki.

I dreaded walking to the car. Chris's eyes never left mine until I got in the car. He drove out the parking lot fast as hell as he always do trying to show out.

"How was school?" He asked. I stared out the window replied with a simple, "Good."

He started chuckling, "No boys messed with your ass today?"

"Nope. Never have Chris." I sighed.

"Aiite but lemme find out you being a hoe.. You dead as fuck." He spoke in a harsh tone.

Why does he constantly think I'm cheating? Why is he not trusting me?

He wasn't like this in the beginning . I remember my parents loving him. Especially my father. He was so protective with me that I couldn't even date no one until I was 65 he used to say. I was shocked that he accepted him that fast. And mother always received gifts from Chris.

They both loved him, but this Chris that I'm exposed to now would be dead in their eyes.

As soon as we made it home, I went on and did my book work and waited for my brother to come home.

Chris was gone as usual.

So for the time being... It just me.

Myself.

And I.

*•*•*•*•

Xavier's Point of View~

The first day was alright. Was great until Lyric left me for some odd reason.

Ronnie and I were at the car waiting for Tristan and Dré. There slow asses were talking to some broads at the back circle drive.

"So how was your official first day bro?" Ronnie nudged.

"It was straight. Got a bunch of girls numbers. So. I guess it was a good day." I joked.

He smacked his lips, "Lemme see then!" I gave him my phone while the boys came to the car.

"Damn!!!!! It can't be!" Ronnie semi yelled smiling. Tristan and Dré looked confused. I smirked and Ronnie handed the phone to them.

"You got Renaé's number dogg!" Dré said.

"Hell yeah. You must thought I was lying." I spoke as Tristan drove off campus.

"Man. Stay away from that broad bro. She ain't nothing but trouble." Tris said.

I laughed, "Shit trouble is my middle name." All the guys laughed as we pulled up to a stop light.

"Okay. Be a badass here. She gonna trap your ass quick!" Dré spoke, "Besides I saw you and Lyric walking to class earlier. Hmmmm what's that about?"

"Ay, why y'all keep sweating me about that girl? She must got a nigga?"

The car was dead silent.

Tristan glanced at me for a quick second, "Yeah man. A dangerous one at that."

"Hell yeah the notorious Chris A.k.a Monsta. Nigga doesn't play about his shit." Ronnie said.

"Why yall quit sweating me about her? I just find her ass a cool ass female." I laughed. I heard a few smacks of the lips in the car.

"Yeah, whatever you say bro." Dré said.

We pulled up to the East Side Community Park basketball courts. We got out the car and went to the court. It was a couple of guys out here playing on one side, so we decided to play on the other.

Dré and Ronnie were team up while I was team up with Tristan. "Alright lemme see what you got pretty boy!" Dré joked dribbling the ball. "Check."

One thing about me play basketball, I never lose focus. It like I'm another person, like it's just me and the ball on the court.

We played for a good hour and a half leaving Dré and Ronnie down by 3 points. Tristan and I boned these fools!

"Damn! A nigga tired after playing with your ass. You got mad skills!" Ronnie said hunched over trying to catch his breathe.

"I ain't mad at 'cha." Dré laughed drinking his water. I dabbed Tris and sat down.

"I'm definitely ready for the season now!" I yelled causing the guys to laugh.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I made it back home late than I should be. I spotted my dad in the kitchen on the phone.

Probably was his agent again.

"I don't care Mr. Neely. My son should be getting major buzz in the sports world. I want him to receive major press and interview time with me when the high school basketball season starts. No ifs, ands, or buts." He spoke before hanging up.

I shook my head and sat my backpack on the counter. He looked at me and smile, "Hey son, seems like you had a pretty good first day."

I walked to the fridge to get me a bottled water, "Yeah I did. I think I'm going to like it here Pops."

He laughed, "I know you would son." A lot of great opportunities in LA."

I nodded and smiled.

I could get used to the LA lifestyle.

*******

A picture of Clyde Price above..

Comment...

Vote...

Read my other works.

Follow...

~Brittany