•24•

-PROM NIGHT-

Xavier's Point of View~

Today is the day.

Prom night has officially arrived and I'm actually nervous. And the infamous Xavier Price is never nervous. I was with the guys downstairs while Nicki and Lyric are getting dolled up by a make up team my Pops hired for them.

I laughed slightly at the thought that Pops has officially spoiled Lyric rotten. Actually treating her as his own daughter, which is what they both need right now.

Myles was pacing back and forth playing with his cufflinks. "Yo, you cool fam?" Dré asked. Myles shook his head, "I don't think I'm ready for tonight y'all. I'm in over my head."

Tristan smiled, "It's okay lil man. I understand that this will technically be your first "prom" outing. To be honest I'm nervous myself. Right X?" I nodded my head and smirked, "Hell yeah. Especially with your sister. Just relax and enjoy your night. You will be fine." I patted his shoulder and he chuckled.

"He'll be straight. Especially with Monica!" Ronnie added causing all the fellas trying to boost his ego and shit. I have faith that Myles will be straight.

My Pops came into the room with the old camcorder that Mom used to make them old movies and videos of us. "They still getting ready?" He asked looking and his watch, "It's almost 8." I shook my head, "I know."

He laughed softly, "I remember whenever I would have engagements and parties to attended, your mother would take so long to get ready. Hell, that woman was already beautiful as it is. Make up was no match for her." I smiled and continued to listen to him, "I see the way you look at her. That is the same look I gave your mother every time me and her would be together.  All my friends told me that I was sprung and boy I was. Your mother was something in my life and I know that you see something special in her."

I nodded, "I mean its just that I feel like our connection is off the charts, Pop. We understand each other and I get that. She reminds me of mom in many different ways. I know if she was still here she would love her." Pops let out a soft chuckle and smiled

"I want you two to have fun tonight. But not too much fun. Enjoy yourself." Right when he finished saying his last word, Lyric and Nicki came downstairs. Tristan and I was hella amazed. Lyric especially was taking my breathe away.

"Aww my sister is growing up. Lawd help me!" Myles said being too over dramatic. Lyric smiled and rolled her eyes, "You look grown yourself. Don't let me drag your ass out this prom." Myles threw his hands up and bagged away as I stepped up to her.

"Wow... Um.. You look absolutely beautiful." I managed to get out. She smiled and kissed my cheek. With that dress on, it made me what to do some nasty things.

I glanced at Nicki and Tristan and they tonguing each other down like god damn. "Damn y'all. Can y'all wait until we actually get to the prom?" Ronnie said making everyone snicker.

Nicki and Tristan flicked him off and rolled their eyes, "You look beautiful baby. I actually was stupid for waiting a long time to commit to you." Tristan said.

"Oh you was!" Nicki nonchalantly said causing Tris to fake like he was hurt.

Lyric laughed and walked up to them, "And this is why you guys are made for each other." Everyone was talking amongst themselves as Pops recorded everything. After that we took pictures and snaps of all of us. I already knew that all of this would be on the media some how or another.

We loaded up into the stretched Hummer Limo and Pops closed the door but the window was down. "Alright everyone, be safe and don't do anything I wouldn't do!" He said pointing his finger at Myles. Myles smacked his lips. "I know Mr. P. No drinking."