•12•

€ A picture of Darren above €

Lyric's Point of View~

~the next morning~

I lifted my head and against my body in the bed before getting up. My hair was all over the place and I was naked underneath the covers. I glance over to my side and saw Chris sleeping with his chest on full display. Looking at each one of his tattoos.

I sighed and stretched every part of my upper body. My body felt good after our rounds last night. I saw him stir in his sleep and finally opened his eyes. "Good morning babe." He groaned. I smiled and placed my head against his chest. "Morning."

He kissed my forehead and rubbed my bare shoulders, "Got anything planned today?" I was shocked that he asked, usually he doesn't care about my plans. Seems like my Chris is finally coming back.

"Got to take Myles to get his hair cut then I'm going to the library and mall with Nicki. Nothing special." I said.

"Okay. I guess I'll just visit the traps and see how things are."

I looked up and just stared at his eyes, looking to see if there was a change. He smiled and shook me, "What?"

I simple smile and response back, "Oh nothing."

*•*•*•*

"Myles you better be down here in two seconds or else I won't take you with me to the mall!" I yelled standing by the door. Dressed in my tan romper with my tan and gold sandals that wrapped around my calves, and my MK gold watch and studs. A girl was looking good today. I felt good.

For a change.

As I was smoothing the back of my head due to my hair being in a high top bun, Myles came down stairs stomping and shit.

"Why do I need a haircut? I like it when all the girls play in my hair." He pouted causing me to laugh.

"You acting like I'm shaving your head completely bald, besides you might like it." I said walking toward the car with him trailing behind me.

•*•*•*•*

As we walked into the barber shop, I saw a bunch of guys staring at me which didn't bother me. They know who I'm with anyways.

"Well. Well. Well. If it isn't my long lost sister from another mister?" My friend, Darren said. I have him a hugged and smiled.

"Haven't seen you in ages. Really since the funeral." I spoke.

Darren and I go way back. We actually god brother and sister. His mom was my mom's best friend and vice versa with my dad.

"How you been?"

He sat in the barber chair and ran his fingers through his goatee, "Good. Could be better. Family moved back to New York leaving me here in the dust."

I shook my head, "Damn. That's crazy."

"I wanted to stay here though. For the ladies and to maintain this business I built. By the way, why are you here? Don't tell me you about to let me cut this beautiful hair?"

"Nope actually came because my brother needs a hair cut badly." I said pointing to my brother that was sitting alone by himself.

Darren laughed, "Damn! That nigga grew up on me! But that hair gotta go!"

"Myles!" As soon as I yelled, he came up and frowned.

"This is Darren. He is a friend of the family and is going to cut your hair alright."