•17•

I couldn't believe it.

Lyric was officially awake.

After two months.

I watched the doctors and nurses check her vital signs and made sure that she was okay. I waited until they left the room to talk to her.

"How long was I out X? I feel well rested and everything." She laughed causing me to do the same.

"Two months." I said. Her eyes gotten wide once I told her that. I wanted to cut the small talk and understand what actually happened to her. "Lyric, do you remember anything that happened back at Chris's house?"

Her smile began to fade and she started playing with her fingers. "We got into a huge fight. Over Renáe being pregnant with his baby. I guess it was that fact that she was giving me clues and hints that they were messing around that caused me to snap on him and her. We were both fighting. All I remember me packing my bags and some of my brother's and throwing them down the staircase. After that, I don't recall anything." She began to cry, "It just hurts me that he did that to me with her. I've been standing up for him and everything no matter how many times he would abuse me. I just don't understand X!"

I immediately rushed over to her and sat on the bed being careful and wrapped my arms around her. "Shhhhh. Lyric you have me. You have me baby." That's when I kissed her lips for the first time. I pulled back and stared at her for a little bit. She smiled and leaned towards me kissing my lips.

I deepened the kiss causing her to bite my lip and wrap her arms around my neck. At that moment everything felt right.

"Ly, I meant everything that I said to you. I actually like you. Hell you got a nigga sprung with your cute ole self. But I don't wanna rush into things with you. Being that y--" I started to say before Lyric placed her finger on my lips.

"You know. For a guy, you talk to damn much." She giggled, "Let's just take this one step at a time. I mean I do like you Xavier a lot, but I just need to focus on me right now due to me being in a coma for two months. And I already know that our English teacher, Ms. Harmon, has gave y'all shit loads of work." I smiled smacking my lips during the process.

"I mean it ain't a lot. Plus you got me and the gang to help you out since we are basically in all the same classes." I said.

Speaking of the gang, I decided to shoot them a text that Lyric was awake and to head to the hospital with Myles.

~<>~

Lyric's Point of View~

Everybody was in the room just filling me in with stuff that has been going on at school. I was shocked when Nicki told me that she beat Renáe's ass for all the trouble she caused.

"Sis you should have seen it! Boy that was some funny shit." Tristan laughed while Ronnie and the rest of the guys were co-signing, "But my baby did good." Nicki smiled and kissed his lips while I playfully rolled my eyes at them too.

"I'm just happy that you are okay. I mean I didn't want my crush to die without me. Sorry X." Dré sarcastically cried grabbing my hand before kissing it. "Bruh, move before I'll beat that ass." X laughed. Dré shrugged.

Myles was the only one that didn't really say anything since he been here. I can sense the vibe and I decided to just talk to him. "Aye you guys, I would like to have some alone time with my brother. That's if y'all don't mind?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads with the occasional "Sure" or "No problem". I looked at X and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"We'll be outside." He said and I nodded. I waited for him to close the door before I want to begin this conversation.

"Myles." I said softly. He glanced at me, "What?!"