•29•

Lyric's Point of View~

Not too long before I could step one foot inside the house, I was greeted by Nicki and my brother. He cried and hugged me so tightly that we were both sobbing.

"I thought I lost you for good," He spoke, "I'm so happy that you are okay and I'm sorry for letting it happen to you." I stared at him and shook my head.

"It wasn't your fault. It was no ones but mine. We are safe though okay Myles!? I love you."

He smiled, "I love you too bighead!"

Nicki was in the background being dramatic over our little moment while the fellas finally came into the house. "Lyric, are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" Tristan said.

"Yeah do you baby? Even though you say you are fine, but we just wanna make sure?" Xavier said coming up to me kissing my forehead. I smiled and gave them a sure look. "I'm fine. I just got to run to Walgreens and get the Plan B pill. Other than that I'm okay you guys."

I was heading upstairs before I heard keys jiggling and Xavier, Dré, and Ronnie headed out the door. I laughed and saw Nicki coming behind me. "I didn't know it takes three guys to get the pill." She said.

I laughed heading into the room were I plopped myself down on the bed. She closed the door behind her. "Ly, I knew I should have came into the restroom with you. This was all my fault and you wouldn't be in this predicament if it weren't for me."

I looked at her and shook my head, "No cause you would have been killed if that was the case. I'm just happy that I am finally free from Chris. But for some reason I have this feeling that I'm not."

"LyLy, Chris is dead for sure. Ace shot that man multiple times and the place is lit up." Tristan reassured to me. I know that, but something just doesn't seem right.

I looked at Myles walking up to me and rubbing my back, "I think you just need to rest Sis. You been through a lot today." We both walked to the stairs and I said my goodbyes to Nicki and Tristan. My brother helped me to the room and hugged me extra tight.

"I love you Lyric. Always." He whispered. Tears ran down knowing just if I was to die tonight. Or even telling him that our parents were killed because of Chris?

"... I love you too, Myles." I hugged him tightly until he broke the hug. Once he left, I went straight to the bathroom and turned to shower on. Immediately pulling off my clothes, I hopped in and began scrubbing everything of me.

I felt disgusting.

I felt so dirty.

After I scrubbed off the dirty off me, I just saw in the shower letting the water run over my body and hair. I closed my eyes and pictured my parents and what they would be saying right now. I smiled, but it went away after I remembered that it was my fault that they were killed.

"I'm so sorry." I cried and letting out all the tears. I felt extremely guilty and I know it was no way I will every live with myself know this.

I was crying so hard that I didn't even notice X coming into the bathroom. "Babe, you okay? Talk to me."

Wiping my eyes, "I'm okay just distraught over everything that happened." I turned off the water and wrapped my body with the towel. I opened the shower door glancing at his tall frame, back leaning against the counter.

"Lyric, I know you. Tell me." He said pulling me closer trying to get me to smile by looking at his goofy laugh.

I sighed and told everything that happened. The truth about my parents death and him putting his hands on me. I cried and he comfort me with his hands, hugging me like I was never going to let go.

"That's messed up, but you can't blame yourself for this. It's wasn't your fault. Your parents probably know that." He stated.

I looked up at his eyes as he kissed my lips and forehead, "I know. I know." We hugged for so long that he picked me up and laid me on the bed. He joined me and wrapped his arms around me. "I promise I won't let anything happen to you again. You are mine and I'm yours. I love you."

"I love you too."

~<>~

I waited until she fell asleep to leave by her side. I glanced at her once more. Staring at her body, her left eye blackened due to the events that recently occurred.

I shook my head when at the thought of Chris even doing something like that to her parents. I can't imagine how she felt when he had audacity to tell her.

Oh well. The motherfucker is dead.

Was dead from the start.

I closed her door and headed to the den where everyone else  was at. Nicki and Tristan were booed up as usual while Dré and Ronnie were playing 2k. Myles was on the couch on his phone talking shit about Ronnie and Dré being slaw. I laughed and sat next to the fellas.

"What a night!" I sighed. Ronnie looked over my way from the TV and smacked his lips. "Mane you exhausted ain't it mane?!"

I flicked him off while smiling everyone else laughed, "Fuck you Ron."

I looked over at the clock which read 4:37 a.m. I guess everyone is staying over here tonight, and I don't mind that.

**********

Comment

Vote

Read

~Brittany

( Sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Only one chapter left until the epilogue...)

Comment if you want a Book 2... 👋🏽