•27•

The door opened and in walked Ace. I rolled my eyes knowing that they are brothers and possibly have the same intentions. But something tells me that I have seen both of them before. I just can't remember when and where.

"Yo, Monsta wanna holla at you about the other locations. Something went down. I'll watch her." He said walking into the room. Kaine dropped his head and looked back at me with a smile. I rolled my eyes and mugged him.

Boy, if looks could kill.. He would been dead beneath me.

"Aiite. Just watch her feisty ass mane." Kaine sighed. He walked up and dab him before closing the door. Ace and I both stared each other down before one of us spoke.

And it damn sure wasn't going to be me.

"Look Ian going to do nothing alright. Trust me I'm not that ruthless." Ace said sitting in the chair with a sly smile. I rolled my eyes, "How am I suppose to believe that?"

He chuckled and pulled out his iPhone 6 Plus twirling it around like it wasn't nothing.

"I'm going to give you 3 minutes to call Xavier until my brother gets the idea that I set him up. Look, I was not with this whole plan to begin with and I'm actually trying to get out the game. Besides I guess you don't remember us do you." He stated.

I stared at him for a minute and it hit me like a ton of bricks. "Oh my god. You both are Darren's stepbrothers. How... When... Where did..--" Comparing him to the huge load of stories Darren used to tell me about them when he used to hang back in the day.

"Long story short, parents went to jail and we both met Chris and got into the business. Darren never approved, but was in it for some time until he got out recently. I think he got out right before he started messing with you. I can see that we don't look the same as we did when we were younger huh?" Ace said causing me to let out a smile and imagine how things were.

" You guys look completely different, but how come you didn't tell Chris that you and your brothers knew me?

He sighed, "Chris is a ruthless and careless man, Lyric. He loves you like a maniac and will do anything to be with you and claim you. When I did before he claim you a while back, Kaine told me to forget about you so we can live. Kaine technically hates you, especially for what you did." I rolled my eyes at the thought. He can't be serious.

"He still mad that I didn't go on a date with him really?" Kaine is sick ass human being for holding a grudge for that long, when ten minutes ago he wanted to have sex with me. I just wanted to change the subject, "but what I really wanna know is... Where you and your brother there the night Chris killed my parents?" I dropped my head barring for the worst.

Knowing that they could have just made me sick to stomach yet angry that Chris had the audacity to do this to me. "No, we both were making rounds. But when I heard that he did it I couldn't do anything but feel sorry for you and your brother. Darren told me everything and Kaine.. Well you know how cold-hearted he is. But anyways, hurry up and give me the number quickly."

~<>~

We all sat around trying to put the pieces together to understand what the hell Chris is up to. The fact that he had the audacity to do such a thing is making my blood boil. "Chris is a dead man after tonight! Xavier if you don't want to kill him, I will."  Nicki said pacing back and forth while Tristan trying to keep her still.  "Tristan, don't touch me or else you getting the round!" Ronnie chuckled while I glanced over at Myles.

Myles hasn't said a word since we got back and I was worried. Just thinking about what all he has been through this year with his sister and her abusive relationship, I would do the same thing.

"They could be in another city by now. First thing I wanna know is how could this motherfucker get into that place. The police was everywhere even was checking bags and shit." Dre stated.

Tris chimed in, "Guys, we need to think of where he possibly could have taken her. Come on y'all."

I didn't wanna speak or even listen to this conversation. All I could do was hope for the best sign that God could give me. If Chris hurts her... I don't know what I'll do.

"He does have a couple of traps and hideouts up and down this city. But knowing clever that motherfucker is, it's somewhere new." Myles said.

I sighed, "We need to get the police involved. Ain't no way we gonna find them by ourselves."

My phone buzzed and I checked the caller ID, which read UNKNOWN.

I ignored it. Could be Chris fucking with me.

The same number pops up again and I answered it, "Who is this!?"

"..... Xavier, it's me." I was so relieved and happy to hear her voice, like music to my ears. I quickly put her on speaker.

"Lyric, are you okay?" I asked before everybody gathered around the phone noticing that it was Lyric. "Yes, I'm okay now but you need to listen carefully and write down this address. I'm at one of his hideouts in Baldwin Heights. I just sent you the actual location and I need you to please hurry. Chris is trying to do things and Kaine is, too. Please baby." She said as I opened the text.

"Okay baby. We are on the way hang in there and I love you." I said before the call dropped. I clutched my phone tightly in my hand. All I could feel was rage. I glanced at the gang and knew that I couldn't take everybody cause things could get nasty.

"Tristan, Ronnie, and Dré. Y'all coming with me. Nicki stay here with Myles alright." I said heading up the stairs into my Pops locked cabinet where he hides his valuables. I opened it and grabs the four guns he had in there and a couple of rounds.

I went back downstairs and handed them the guns. "Look, I'll tell y'all the story later about the guns. We will come up with the strategies in the car. Now let's go." I said walking out the house with them behind me.

If this the game that Chris wants to play, then let the games begin.

*************
€| Refer back to Chapter 12 to know about Darren |€

Comment
Vote

Follow Me

~Brittany

Love On RepeatOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara