•23•

Lyric's Point of View~

I was on my laptop finalizing things for UCLA when I felt my phone vibrate. I was getting a call from an Unknown number. Knowing that this could be pertaining to UCLA, I picked it up anyways.

"Hello..."

"Please, don't hang up." I rolled my eyes at the annoying sound of her voice. "You have a lot of nerve to call me after what you done Renaé!"

She sighed, "I know. I just want to apologize for my actions and what I have done to you. I just want to say that I'm sorry and I shouldn't have done that to you.

"Why the fuck are you sorry now?! I was in the hospital in a coma because of you. I bet you knew that I was abused by Chris did you?" I yelled.

The phone was silent..

"Did you!!!" I repeated myself once more.

"Yes I did. But I didn't want to be in yall's drama. I know that I was wrong and I'm sorry. I'm trying to turn a new leaf and start fresh. I'm moving to Virginia and I just wanted to warn you about Chris. He is kind of upset that I'm leaving and taking the baby. Just be careful and watch your back okay." She said before hanging up.

I rolled my eyes and called Nicki.

"Hey wassup?" She answered after the first ring. I went on and told her that Renaé just called me and everything that she basically said. Nicki was livid.

"Although I don't like the bitch, she might be telling you some vital information, Lyric." Nicki calmly causing me to roll my eyes.

How could she though? Chris hasn't been now where near me since the incident at the house. I rolled my eyes just thinking about that whole ordeal. She was the reason why I was in the hospital.

"I guess I'll take it into consideration then. But Xavier is not to know anything about this. And I mean it Nicki." Nicki smacked her lips causing me to chuckle. "Girl, you know I won't tell."

The phone was dead silent due to her knowing that she was dead ass lying. "Remember in the fifth grade when I told you I had a crush on Jaíme Livingston. And you told him right in front of me and his friends." I said raising my eyebrow.

"I was only looking out and besides I was young and couldn't hold it in." She surrendered. "You couldn't hold water if I would have gave it to you. I wanted to beat your ass so bad after that, but I managed to forgive you."

She let out a loud ass laugh that caused me to do the same as we began to reminisce. Nicki and I have been through so much, and I can't see myself without her in my life. Yes, me and her are the complete opposite of each other, but we seem to click and connect with one another.

"See and this is why we are best friends." I stated smiling as my brother came into the room starting to mess with me. I shook my head, "Well, I'm about to get back to my future school. Still trying to finish this application process." I sighed. We said our byes and I hung up the phone darting my eyes to my brother.

"What's up?" I asked. He jumped onto my bed causing all my papers to fly. "MYLES!!!"

He laughed and I got out the bed and chased him out my room.

Childish. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay mad forever due to him always managing to make me smile.

I picked up the papers and just decided to take a break for a minute and just look back at my life without my parents so far. Yet, the whole thing with Chris was a total downfall, I manage to keep up with my grades and take care of my brother at a young age. It takes a lot of courage and strength to deal with that huge responsibility. I would have never thought I would be in this predicament. I'm just grateful that my parents have taught me some great moral values that are instilled into me today. While teaching my brother those values, I'm also creating some on my own.

My parents would be extremely proud of us.

I know they would.

••••••••••••••

Comment....

Vote.....

Follow me....

~Brittany