A Fresh Start

(Original, An idea I had after watching season 1 of Love, Victor so wanted to take some inspiration from the show and write something new. Let me know what you think.)

Alex

It was quiet now in the new house, Mum, Clarissa, Declan and Bailey went back to get the last box from storage while Dad, Penelope, Kaila and I kept unboxing our own stuff, Having just arrived today.

Dad: "So, Alex, What do you think?"

Alex: "It's... Something."

Dad: "It will grow on you. Hey don't pull one of those faces I'm sure you will love it here."

Kaila: "I miss my friends."

Penelope: "Yeah, Why did we have to move?"

Dad: "Because I got a new job and We had to move here so we can do more things. You know what I mean don't you Alex?"

Alex: "Well, Yeah I do."

Dad: "I'm sensing a but?"

Alex: "No it's, It's fine. I'll get used to it eventually."

Dad: "I'm sure it won't take long."

Walking through the Much bigger house from our last one up North, I couldn't lie it was nice. Everyone got their own room which was... strange, knowing I wouldn't wake up with Declan on the other side of the room snoring, And it had a large Kitchen for mum and her cooking. A large study for dad and his work. Being only 16 does have it's benefits in seeing the positives but I do miss home.

Dad: "Come on, I'll help you move your boxes into your room. You are going to do fine."

Alex: "I'm fine, I can handle it. You go help the girls."

Dad: "Uh, Sure. I'll let you get adjusted."

I hoisted up another bland, Brown box and lugged it over to my new room upstairs. These would be a pain but I'll manage. Opening the door, I just kind of looked around. A couple of boxes with my name on them were already here, Likely Clarissa's doing but it was just big. My bed Placed along the left wall, A desk I need to build in its box on the ground in the corner. I just needed to find ways to make this room feel more like home.

Alex: "Here's to a new start I guess."

As time went on, I left a box unpacked which contained everything I wanted on my desk, like my laptop, a couple of Pop Vynals I liked. And began working on my desk. It took me another two hours before I heard a knock on my door.

Alex: "Come in Mum."

Mum: "How are you feeling sweety?"

Alex: "Stressed, This desk is annoying me."

Mum: "Well we are home now I just wanted to let you know. Declen is in his room why not ask him to help?"

Alex: "Maybe tomorrow after school, We are still ok with the school right? I don't want to go in there completely unaware."

Mum: "I know, But at least you won't be alone? Dec will be with you tomorrow."

Alex: "Yeah, But the girls are more important, They are the ones we should be worrying about. Maybe I'm just stressing out for them."

Mum: "I always thought you should have been first, and Clarissa should have been with your brother."

Alex: "Well, I'm with him, And it's better than nothing. This desk on the other hand."

Mum: "Come downstairs, we brought some food home for everyone. Might want to get in quick before your sisters get stuck in."

Alex: "Yeah, A break might do me some good."