Time To Heal

Lachlan's POV

It would suck being in his position, Not knowing who his friends were, his family, but that was a risk we were willing to take you know? We didn't have a choice as we lugged him off to the hospital after what happened, and now, with the attacker in police custody, I felt safer knowing my friend didn't have to worry about what was happening around him.

Lachlan: "Hey Rob, Vik can we uh..."

Vik: "You can, I'm not going anywhere."

Its been three hours since he woke up, three hours since he looked at us as confused as we were looking at him, and three hours since he said he had no idea who we were, He didn't have any idea who his family was, or any of his friends, all except for one of us, And I don't know why that hurt me so much.

Lachlan: "It's been three hours and you need to eat."

Vik: "I'm fine."

Rob: "Vik come on, we have other shit we need to talk about and organize."

Vik: "I said I'm not leaving."

Josh: "Vik just go get food, He's not going anywhere alright?"

With him having so many friends, we were all waiting either in the hospital room or outside, waiting for someone to leave so they could say hello. Even if he didn't know who we were, We still knew him. When I stepped outside with Rob, Jerome and Landon went in to say hi.

Lachlan: "Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?"

Rob: "Yeah."

Simon: "No but you guys should tell Me. Who's in there with him?"

Lachlan: "Freya, Josh, Jerome, and Landon, Cal."

Rob: "He's in good hands."

Jess: "Vik's in there too. I wish none of this happened, I wish we could have prevented it from happening."

Lachlan: "I get the feeling it would have happened regardless of whether we intervened or not. And besides, He's awake now that's all that matters."

Rob: "Yeah he's awake, But doesn't remember any of us, Any of his family, But does seem to remember Your new boyfriend. As if the two of them had been together for a while."

Listening to what Rob said just made me sad, I know that Aiden had remembered Cal and thought the two of them were together, The thing that bothers me though. Is that I don't know how Cal will react. I was ushered out and had to speak from the door when he did call for Cal.

Lachlan: "They were together three years ago right? So if he does only remember the good parts of his life with my boyfriend then I guess I have to be OK with it until he remembers."

Rob: "Do you honestly think it will happen though? Do you think you could stay quiet until Cal tells him? Or he remembers?"

Lachlan: "No I don't, But I'll be damned if I'm the reason for his stunted growth now that he is OK."

I waited a few minutes before Mr Bradley walked out, a bit of a sad expression on his face while Cal was behind him, Looking just as shit.

Lachlan: "Why do you both look so bad?"

Josh: "McGinley do you want to tell them or shall I?"

Cal: "I uh, Told him that we weren't together. That we haven't been a couple for years and that he and I both had our own partners again. He didn't believe me at first and it sucked. But he eventually uh..."

Lachlan: "He remembered something didn't he?"

Josh: "He began to remember all the bad stuff Cal did tk him, His heart rate spiked and it took us a few moments to calm him down. Eventually leading to me and Cal promising to leave the room. Fischer do you want to go and see him?"

Fischer: "With all due respect sir, I believe Jess and I are here purely for emotional support. Though I'm thinking I will need to replace Jess with another friend, she hasn't been ok yet."

Jay: "Lachlan hey."

I turned to look down the corridor tk see Michael, Jay and Kaila walking towards us with Ryan just beside them. Kaila ran to her boyfriend Rob while Ryan simply took a seat.

Ryan: "You guys won't believe what has happened at school."

Oh right, School's a thing. I guess in the commotion of Mitch breaking Aiden with a fucking metal chair was enough to pull us from remembering anything.

Lachlan: "What's up?"

Ryan: "Well, Mitch was taken into Police custody. Michael and myself waited for the police until we saw Seth walk up to the door and start banging. He was let in but then I shit you guys not like an hour later the door opened and he walked out. Blood on his knuckles. When the two of us entered the room, the two officers were on the ground and in obvious pain while Mitch.. Well if the doctors don't work fast enough Mitch could die."

I coughed a little before feeling Cal let his hand in mine, His soft touch sending a calming wave through my body. Who would have thought Cal of all people would make me feel this way. Even after everything he did to Aiden.

Lachlan: "Shit, so Seth is fucked then."

Michael: "Nah he'll be right. Is he awake?"

Jay: "Michael we spoke about this remember?"

Michael: "Yeah but if he's awake I can give him a hug."

Jay: "He needs to recover first, remember? Landon told us you can't touch his upper body."

Michael: "I'll hug his legs then."

Lachlan: "He won't know who you are again."

Jay: "What why?"

Lachlan: "Amnesia, Issued from the blunt force trauma to the head he suffered from Mitch. Jane said the damage was supposed to be minor but now we figure that is just the physical damage. He doesn't remember anything or anyone except Cal, and I would assume Freya as well obviously."

Cal: "He's really sensitive right now. Might be best to give him some distance for a few days."

I don't want to give my friend distance, I wish he would remember at the very least Vik. That poor man in there would be heart broken right now. Not knowing what to do or how he could help, But I'm sure I remember him saying he would never give up on the guy in bed. Those two were beautiful together, they deserve each other.

Mr Bradley: "Today is Thursday guys, I'm going to head back to school and let everyone know that tomorrow and Monday will be canceled until further notice. I think after a lot of students witnessed something on that scale, The last thing I would expect you guys to do is work. We can make up for it eventually but I'm sure it will be fine."

As the older man walked down towards the elevator to head back to school to inform the other teachers and students. I wondered if Mitch and the officers were still there, Would he be OK? I mean he doesn't deserve to be OK, He deserves the pain and anguish he's suffering after what he did to Aiden but still.

Cal: "Come on Lachy let's head home yeah?"

Lachlan: "We can't just leave the poor guy."

Cal: "I know but think, he's surrounded by people who care so much about him, And he has Freya and Vik. I'm sure he will be fine. You need a shower as well anyway."

Lachlan: "You're lucky I love you Cal."

Cal: "I love you too Lachlan."