New Kid

Sorry for not having done a one shot in a few days but I've been writing a new book.

I thought I'd at least put the first chapter here and while there will be a reference to one sidemen and one pack, Josh and Mitch respectively. They come in later.

Braiden's POV

Braiden: "What do you mean I can't fucking choose. You are going to take me away in my last fucking year of school? No? Do you realize what I'm going to have to learn and accustom myself too in this..."

Dad: "For fuck sake Braiden stop, No you don't have a choice, just accept it."

Braiden: "I can't just accept it, this is fucking with my HSC! What the hell do they even have over there?"

Dad: "Figure it out alright? We can't stay here anymore alright."

Braiden: "Is it drugs? Are we secretly against the mafia?"

Dad: "What the fuck no?"

Braiden: "WELL THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE WE MOVING!"

I was furious? I can't leave this fucking country, not now. It's my last year in school and I'm already starting classes.

Dad: "No it's not fucking drugs or anything like that alright, we need to go back alright?"

Braiden: "Back? I haven't even been there once."

Dad: "Yes you have, you went when you were younger, look Braiden can you please just go and pack your bags. I'll make sure you won't need to worry about electronics."

Braiden: "I'm not leaving my shit behind, I'll need to get a large suitcase then to pack everything inside."

Dad: "Alright we can go grab one today."

Braiden: "Have you already spoken to the school?"

Dad: "Yeah, I spoke to them last week. Do you still want to go today?"

The two of us were stood in the kitchen of our home, I was dressed for school but it seems that doesn't matter anymore.

Braiden: "What's the point now honestly? I mean yeah it would be nice to say goodbye to some people but I can still talk to them on Facebook and through other means. When are we leaving?"

Dad: "Accepted it so quickly?"

Braiden: "No, fuck no I don't accept it but I don't have a choice, what's the point in accepting it if I'm made to do it anyway?"

Dad: "I know you don't believe me just yet. But I promise you that we will be better off OK?"

Braiden: "God imagine if mum was still here?"

Dad: "I'm pretty sure she would have slapped me if I tried this."

Braiden: "Promise me something dad."

Dad: "What's up?"

Braiden: "Promise me everything will be OK?"

Dad: "Trust me Braiden, this is for the better, now let's head out. We can go get lunch and you a bigger suitcase. Go get changed."

As I nodded and walked back up stairs to my room, changing my clothes to be more comfortable and looking around my room. I felt upset and angry at my dad. I may not have grown up in this house, always on the move once every year or two with dad working all over the country, but mum made him stop while I was in high school. Moving around and still trying to do high school would be difficult at the best of times, but now? Fuck what if I'm put back a year. I'm only 16 but still. Being granted a year skip will mean nothing to those people.