KABANATA 30

KABANATA 30

GUHIT

I can't believe this is all happening. I can't believe they are my friends and I can't believe I could be this happy. Oh God! Thank you for giving me these wonderful people. Thank you for giving me these aliens of my life. Thank you for giving me this treasure. I really love them!

There's always happiness in the end. There is always light in the dark and there is always hope in the midst of giving up. We just have to hold on tight and believe that we can do it with such hard work, determination and courage. At the end of all agony, forgiveness is the key and happiness is the prize.

As for me, this wonderful family is my light, hope and courage. I'm really thankful for the Heavens for giving such blessings which I will hold until the end of all of this.

"Are you okay?" Chase asked. Tumabi siya sa akin at inakbayan ako. Inihilig ko naman ang ulo ko sa balikat niya.

It was already eight, I think. Katatapos lamang naming maghapunan at narito ako ngayon sa duyan para magpahangin. The others are now resting. Napagod yata sa biyahe nila kanina at sa kwentuhan namin over dinner. The aliens were so happy as we talk and do the kamustahan thing. Hindi ko alam kung sinadya ba nila iyon o sadyang walang nagbukas nang nangyari noong nakaraan. Kahit si Isagani na alam kong mas naapektuhan sa kanilang tatlo, hindi binuksan ang usaping iyon.

And Aya was probably right. Things in the past should remain in the past. Huwag nang balikan at huwag nang dalhin sa kasalukuyan. Kung ano ang nangyari noon, noon iyon and we can't bring back time so we just have to move on from it. It is better that way.

Ako lang naman siguro ang nagdadala ng nakaraan sa kasalukuyan. Well, can you blame me? Hindi ko maiwasan lalo pa't alam kong may kasalanan naman ako. And now, I think everything is settled. The burden in my heart is now gone and replaced by delight. Para akong nakalutang sa ere.

And I'm glad; their mindset is now reflecting life itself.

"How are you and your friends?" Chase asked again.

"We're okay. I am happy."

"Dapat lang. In the first place, wala ka namang kasalanan. You just did what's better."

"Mayroon, Chase. Akala niyo lang wala pero mayroon," ngiti ko sa kaniya.

He smiled back at me. Ginulo niya ang buhok ko at niyakap ako. "Whatever you say."

"Thank you for believing in me and thank you for helping throughout the years, Chase," I said.

"Don't thank me. I am your brother," he said and planted a kiss on the top of my head. He stood up and smiled at me. "You should rest now. Malamig dito. Baka magkasipon ka."

"I'll stay here for a while. And please check Robi before you rest, Chase."

"I will." My brother smiled at me before he turned his back.

Everything feels perfect and surreal. Na sa sobrang pagka-perpekto ng sitwasyon, I'm afraid that it won't last. Baka bukas at sa mga susunod na araw, hindi na ito ganito kasaya. Pero sabi nga, namnamin habng nariyan pa. Sulitin habang may pagkakataon pa. At kung matatapos man, magpapasalamat pa rin ako na minsan sa buhay ko nangyari ang perfect at surreal moment na ito.

Ugh. You should avoid negative thoughts now, Evangeline. You wished for this and the best thing you can do is cherish the moment while it lasts, feel the moment and seize the day.

"What are you still doing in here? It's cold here," said someone from the back. I looked at it and met Isagani's deep dark orbs. My heart reacts abnormally again, wanted to be free from the cage because he felt her master.