Chapter 27: Three Is A Crowd

Start from the beginning

        "In due time, princess," she answered, caressing your backside. You groaned, rolling your eyes.

        "You always say that..."

        "And I always tell you later, do I not?"

        "I hate when you're right...you get this look on your face—yup, that's the one," you said, laughing at the smug smirk on the orange gem's face.

        "Don't you have somewhere to be?" You sighed, allowing your arms to drop to your sides after letting go of Jasper.

        "Unfortunately, yes. I'll see you later tonight." Jasper kissed your forehead before you left out of her room, closing the door behind you. You smiled softly, jogging down the stairs to grab your purse and keys from by the door. Today looks like it's going to be a good day.

Jasper's POV

        I stretched after hearing the front door close, walking out into the hallway. My boots sounded heavy against the hardwood floor, apparently awaking Storm, who was in (y/n)'s room. The kitten bounded into the hallway after me, following me down the stairs. I went into the cabinet to grab Storm's food, pouring some into one of her bowls before going to the fridge for a bottle of water. The feline began eating immediately, causing me to chuckle. I sighed, leaning against the kitchen counter as I looked up at the ceiling. I still don't believe my army is complete just yet. Maybe a few more gems, and I'll be good. I hummed quietly at my thought, tapping the edge of the marble countertop with my claws. The kitchen was mostly silent for the next few minutes, the only sounds being the quiet crunching of Storm eating. When she had finished, she ran to my side, pouncing on my feet. I chuckled, gently nudging her with the toe of my boot. The kitten grabbed ahold of my calf with her front paws, biting at my leg before falling over, just to do it again. "Somebody wants to play," I said quietly, kneeling down to pet her. She made a noise similar to a growl, chewing on my finger as she held it between her front paws, the other two wrapped around my wrist. I chuckled, picking the feline up as I stood to my feet again. "Do you want to come with me today," I asked her, yanking gently on her tail. Her seafoam green eyes looked at me curiously as she tilted her head to the right. "I still feel like I need a few more monsters to complete my army, but I might need help catching them." Storm meowed quietly, her tail swishing from side to side as if she were listening. "If you come with me, I'll let you carry the gem," I whispered, scratching under her chin. The kitten's ears perked up, and I chuckled, setting her back on the ground. "I'll take that as a yes." I then shapeshifted into a cat, my form very similar to Storm's since I already had stripes. "It'll probably take longer since I'm walking this time, so I hope you can keep up," I said as I pushed the screen door open, walking outside. Storm followed behind me obediently as I walked out onto the sand of the beach, slipping past humans pretty much undetected. "Okay, Storm. Let's go."