019 : "don't be shy now"

season two , episode twelve ; disco bob

chapter nineteen

where an encounter runs the wrong direction

Cars filled the street of the Chicago neighborhood. Part of the scene was tapped off , blocking nearby bystanders and neighbors to see what had just happened. Police patrol cars were everywhere. Patrol walking around.

Hailey and Jay got out of Jay's GMC truck and walked out , seeing Adam with Antonio. Adam and Hailey looked at each other before she looked away first , ignoring the heat that was going onto her cheeks.

Hailey and Jay were called over by Voight and they walked inside. Antonio nodded at the patrol officer before walking past him and Adam stopped with a smile.

"Hey what's up Pops ?" Adam said before giving his father Bob Ruzek a hug. "I thought you switched to days."

Bob shrugged as he pulled away from his son.

"Oh I've been back on midnight's for a few weeks now." Bob told his son with a smile. "The city's prettier at night."

"Well I should get in there."

"Yeah me too."

The two Ruzek's walked in and Voight was talking to a patrol officer in the kitchen. Hailey , Jay and Antonio looked at the two dead women on living room. Bob Ruzek read off all the information he knew.

"Lucy Denton is the mom and the Shelby Denton is the daughter's name. Lucy knew someone in the mayor's office , that's why you guys got called in I guess."

"Does the husband live here ?" Antonio asked and Bob nodded.

"Yeah, Wes Denton, husband and father. Don't know where he is and he hasn't answered his phone but there is an eight year old son , Jordan. Don't know where he is."

"Could be with the father." Jay said and Bob shrugged.

"Well Silva from Homicide said they found casings from a Smith and Wesson." Hailey told them as Antonio stood up from Lucy Denton's dead body. "Same caliber listed under Wes Denton."

"We found an open gun case open in the master closet. The gun was gone." Bob said to her and she nodded. Somebody had to know where the gun was to shoot the two woman before booking it. Seems premeditated. While ideas were slightly going around , Antonio had walked out to talk to Voight and Hailey looked at Bob Ruzek.

"Hey , did you get a ping on the father's phone or GPS ?" She asked him and he looked at her , like she was crazy but he didn't answer her. "A location ?"

"I'm just the responding officer."

"So that's a no ?"

"Wow." Bob smirked and Hailey raised an eyebrow while the tension started to raise in the room. "They don't call it Intelligence for nothing huh ?"

"You're doing a lot of talking but not answering questions to your ranking officer. So did you get a location or not ?" Hailey asked him. Her voice was polite but stern. She didn't have time to chase after an old patrol bum cop for answers when he could've just told her no. His smirk had pissed her off too. He was trying to get a rise out of her and she wasn't going to show that he even got under her skin. "Answer your ranking officer , yes or no ?"

"No." Bob said , an angry smirk still on his lips. A small blonde woman had managed to tell him what to do and how to answer him and he didn't like it at all. Adam couldn't believe his father could be like this , especially to his unit , especially to Hailey. He had grabbed his father's arm and pulled him away , out of sight while Hailey turned to Jay.