010 : "who is she ?"

season four , episode seventeen ; remember the devil

chapter nine

where the past starts to come to life

Eating breakfast with Erin the next morning was hard for Jay to do, especially since they were nonstop arguing the whole time they ate. Voight had messaged the both of them with a message explaining they were going to meet Adam and Hailey near Austin's house that he shared with his brother Marcus.

"Are you still not talking to me ?" Jay shouted at Erin as they got into his truck and drove off after putting on their bullet proof gear.

"There's nothing to talk about , I'm done."

"You're seriously done with me ? Over that ?"

Erin scoffed and looked out the window as he drove them to their location.

"It's more than that-"

"Erin-"

"What ?" She shouted at him, her naturally raspy voice raising. " You really think I'm going to let this go ? You won't tell what the fuck is up with you and Hailey but I'm the bad guy ?"

"No one said you were."

"Don't bother coming over at this point if you can't tell me the truth."

"I"

Erin jumped out and shut the door. Jay let out a loud groan and threw his head on the steering wheel before getting out himself. He caught up to his girlfriend who was approaching Hailey and Adam against the side of one of the houses that had a beeline way to the house across the street.

"Well it's a green Cherokee." Jay mentioned and Hailey and Adam nodded.

"Well let's hope our victim told the truth before more lies come out." Erin told them as she eyed her boyfriend before walking off alone. The two detectives looked at Jay who looked at them with a sigh and followed her. Adam leaned back slightly to Hailey.

"Are they cool ?" He asked as they leaned up off the side of the house and started walking.

"I don't know , ask her."

"No m'am , you ask her."

"No thanks."

Hailey had noticed that Jay and Erin had tension , tension that could break a relationship. Everyone else seemed to ignore it but she couldn't help but think it was her fault, it didn't seem to get bad until she showed up and she knew why.

The past between her and Jay was the reason.

"Marcus Walker." Adam said as him and Hailey caught the brother about to leave. The boy was about to run back inside when Adam grabbed him , pulling him back down the steps. "Hey , where you think you going ?"

Adam started checking his pockets and he started rambling.

"What is this ? What do you want ? You're here for Austin."

"Where is he ?" Hailey asked.

"He went out back , I just want to go to my car."

A care engine was turned on and they all heard the squeal of tires. Adam looked around the house to see Austin's small blue car speeding away.

"Hold him down , I got the car." Adam told her and she nodded as she heard Jay Halstead speak through the radios. Seconds later , Adam appeared with the car and Hailey put the handcuffed man in the back before jumping in the passenger seat as Adam sped off.