016 : "see you soon"

season five , episode four ; snitch

chapter sixteen

where she stops his mistakes

Hailey walked into the small resturant with her badge up to show that she was a cop and the man at the bar looked at her. Adam watched the man's eyes that went straight to her chest before scoffing.

Men were pigs.

Atleast when he did it , it was because he knows her and likes her but this man didn't even know her at all and was staring at her chest.

"We wanna talk about one of your regular customers." Hailey told him as she walked over, putting her badge on her hip and placing her forearms on the counter , leaning forward. "Kurtis Washington."

"Chicken , extra spicy , french fries." The older man told her. "Arnold Palmer. More lemonade than tea."

"I'm more interested in his business dealings than his meal plans." Hailey smiled softly. Adam noticed how the man looked at Hailey, his eyes never wavering. He rolled his eyes before noticing a cell jammer in the corner, near the bathroom. Adam turned to the man.

"YOu got a men's room ?"

The man boredly pointed to the side where Adam already knew where the bathroom was. Hailey ignored his question before talking to the man again , unaware of Adam's actions.

"What about Andre Walker ?"

"Ham and cheese sandwich , extra swiss."

"Back to the food huh ?" She asked with a nod and he laughed.

"That's food , that's my business." He told her before leaning over the counter as well. Adam looked over before grabbing the cell jammer and shoving it inside his pocket. " But may I say , you might be the prettiest damn police I ever seen."

"Might be ?"

"Okay you are." The man said with a laugh.

"Good , that's better." Hailey told him , a tight lipped smile. She felt his eyes on her from the moment she walked in and it annoyed her. Looking like every basic white girl with blue eyes and blonde hair was a curse because it seems everyone liked that. The woman just wanted to be left alone since she didn't even like people. "You're good."

"That's why I still standing baby."

The term of endearment annoyed her as they both stood up from the counter. Adam had walked over to her.

"We're good." He said to her. Hailey sighed and looked at the man.

"Thanks , your insights and observations were invaluable."

The man didn't knock the smirk off his face as Hailey started walking away , his eyes on her ass. That had made Adam more than jealous so he did something crazy. He wrapped his arm around Hailey's shoulder and turned to man who's smirk had dropped, a smirk growing on his face. The two walked out and got into Adam's car.

"The arm around my shoulder ? Nice touch. I could feel his smile drop." Hailey told Adam as he drove off. The man shook his head with a smile. "Why didn't you do anything earlier ?"

"Wanted to see how it played out, I thought you were going to you know seduce your way into getting information but you managed to do it but just being beautiful." He shrugged, his voice wavering with full honesty. Adam kept his eyes on the road and Hailey looked out the window to not show him the blush on her cheeks.

Hailey wasn't a woman to blush.

***********