035 : "i'm strong like you"

chapter thirty five

season six , episode six ; true or false

where she tells her trauma

Hailey laid there on her bed , scrolling through her phone. It was early enough to be up for work but they were on call today. So if they didn't get a call , they didn't have to work and she was more than hopeful that she stay in the bed all day.

Adam's heavy footsteps made their way back in and she looked over as he spoke.

"All right, all right." He said. The man loved to not wear a shirt but she didn't mind but what she did mind was he wasn't wearing any pants , giving the sign that he was more than comfortable spending some nights with her. His hair was messy but both of his hands holding the two teal coffee cups that they always used. "Half soy , half coffee. I kid."

Hailey rolled her eyes with a small smile , realizing his joke since she likes her coffee straight black.

"Straight black, how you like it. If you ask me , I'm pretty good at this boyfriend stuff." Adam told her as he placed the two coffee cups down at her nightstand.  She laughed before locking her phone and dropping it on her bed. Adam sat beside her before looking down down at the blonde woman. "You know what the greatest part about this situation is ?"

"What ?"

"That is only eight in the morning." He told before they both smiled and he leaned down , hands on the sides of her before they shared another kiss from the thousandth time this morning. She quickly pulled away with a giggle.

"What about the coffee ?" She asked before he kissed her again, mumbling on her lips his response.

"Screw the coffee."

Hailey chuckled against his lips before the kiss started to get intense. The buzzing of Adam's phone on the other nightstand on his side of the bed had got in the moment and Adam mumbled no before looking over , his forearm on the bed beside Hailey with his other forearm behind her head. Once he saw messages , he rolled his eyes.

He let out an extra loud groan before throwing himself over Hailey who laughed at him for being over dramatic. She sat up and grabbed her coffee cup before sipping it , letting the black coffee hit her to wake up. Adam had sat on the edge of the bed on his side , looking down at his phone.

"Oh come on , you gotta be kidding me." Adam said before banging his fist against her nightstand , causing her to jump slightly. "Come on !"

The action made her put her cup down before standing up while Adam stood up ranting , the phone on his ear.

"Everytime my sister is supposed to do something , she just drops the ball. My sister's supposed to pick my dad up to take him to the doctor and now she bailed-"

"Yeah I get it." Hailey cut him off as she slid on some jeans before they looked at each other. "I don't do yelling and I don't do slamming. Not even a little bit."